Found him and he's still alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found him and he's still alive

Just found my cousins half brother. He had asked me to try and find him as I dabble in Family Tree stuff. I had warned him that he may no longer be with us as he would be in his mid 70's.

Didn't take too long..on FB. He had only joined that week and directly I saw his photo I knew it was him.
    As far as we are aware they have never met, he was the product of an earlier marriage that was never talked about in the family. It was an Auntie on the other side of the family who is 86 who dropped the bomb shell that there was a child and that she had met him when he was about 3.

Cousin emailed this morning to say that they had now been in touch and he was in shock. He lives in Australia.

Very excited and waiting for a furtrher email to tell me what's going on

Linda

Well done Linda. What a lovely Christmas present for them both - hope they enjoy getting to know each other, even if it is from opposite sides of the world.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,

My cousin in Australia has just phoned and is soo excited. It seems through a couple of quick emails that his newly found half brother does want contact but still not sure what he knows yet. My cousin said to email him but I said it was up to those two now, at least for a while. We are both quite gregarious and he may be quieter, don't want to overwhelm him.

Linda
      Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 15-12-12, 10:20.

Comment

aww thats lovely Linda, am glad that FB does have its good side... its a big thing finding out that you have a sibling, be it step or half, need time to digest things.. but SUPER news all the same..
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thats a brilliant result, Linda....you and your cousin must be chuffed to bits !!
          Jacky

Comment

Working...
          X