WW2 Service record received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 Service record received

Applied for my Father’s Army service record last December; acknowledged 13 January warning of nine to twelve month delay; received the papers last week.

Quick glance through suggests will not add much, if anything, not already known, but there is a sea of abbreviations which I shall have to work through steadily. MoD have kindly included 15 A4 pages of meanings of abbreviations. Who knows what may emerge

To those still waiting - patience - the papers will come.

Carol
    Last edited by Carol Bird; 08-12-12, 14:25.

Thanks Carol - interesting to hear you have been successful.
    I applied for some, in September I think.
    Fingers crossed for a good outcome.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I was lucky my Grandad kept his service book and his reference, which makes me cry everytime I read it. It summed up my lovely Grandad perfectly.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Gosh I had no idea it was such a long waiting time. OH applied for his uncle's records about a month ago and assumed they'd be arriving any time now !!! I'll tell him it could be a long wait .We wondered why the cheque hadn't been cleared yet !!

Liz
        my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

there must be lots of people applying for them I didn't wait anywhere near that long , shame they have not helped you much after that long wait.

Comment

Obviously xmas came early, but a much longer wait than I thought possible.

David
            Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

The problem will be down to staff levels..............most will have been made redundant.

Comment

Working...
              X