Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffries /spicer/youngs and also kirk/jurks

Hi
    Im searching both mine and my husband's families, Ive been able to track my husband's side back to liverpool and rostock germany but that's where his end's and mine well ive learnt alot about the spicer and young side, but the tricky one is my dad's side as there seem's to be alot of Jeffries out there.
    As far as i can come up with my dad and grandad were from greenwich although my dad was born in pembury his grandad was from london born in st pancras possibably and his great grandad was from wiltshire a bit of a mish mash really i'd really appreciate any help finding out who is who.
    regard's
    Heather

Originally posted by hev View Post
    As far as i can come up with my dad and grandad were from greenwich although my dad was born in pembury his grandad was from london born in st pancras possibably and his great grandad was from wiltshire a bit of a mish mash really i'd really appreciate any help finding out who is who.
    regard's
    Heather
    It would help us if you could give us some names and years/places of birth (providing the people you refer to have died as we don't allow details of living people to be published on the forum).
    Tell us where you have founds them. e.g. on census - do you have any marriage/birth certificates to confirm what you have found so far?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
      They are all deceased my dad was Arthur henry jeffries born 1901 he was married twice 1st to Emily Grace Wheeler in 1920, then to Elsie spicer in 1961,
      my grandad Robert william was born in 1874 and married to Eliza Jane Harrison, Richard was born 1844 and married to caroline Varnham / pemberton, and the other Robert was born 1798 and married to Frances Blackmore in st giles on the hill, holborn,

Comment

What is it you are actually looking for Heather. Have you found your father, grandfather, greatgrandfather on the censuses? Are you looking for when and where they were born / what their occupations were / who they married / siblings etc etc?

I am sure there are plenty of members happy to help but we need to know what you want so we don't spend time looking for stuff that you have already found.
        Elaine

Comment

Right what im actually after is finding out about frances Blackmore only i cant find anything about her except her name who is she where is she from ?
          my family never spoke of other member's of family or history so im intrigued to know more about her, put it this way i was 12 when i found out i had more than 5 siblings that was over 37 years ago but when asked about them and other member's of family everyone went quiet, everything i think i know is through plowing the internet

Comment

I can see details of the marriage on Ancestry but I expect you already have that.
            Robert Jeffries / Frances Blackmore
            18 Feb 1817 Holborn St Giles in the Fields

Do you know when Frances died - have you found her in a census which gives her place of birth?
            Elaine

Comment

This looks like Frances, husband Robert and children, including Richard, in 1851:

By 1871 Frances was widowed and living with son Richard:

Deaths Jun 1875
              Jeffries Frances 74 Greenwich 1d 556

Can't see an obvious baptism for her in the Poplar area.
              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 07-12-12, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                I can see details of the marriage on Ancestry but I expect you already have that.
                Robert Jeffries / Frances Blackmore
                18 Feb 1817 Holborn St Giles in the Fields

Do you know when Frances died - have you found her in a census which gives her place of birth?
                This is Frances some say she was a middlesex girl, and others say that she was actually from wiltshire so not sure

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                  This looks like Frances, husband Robert and children, including Richard, in 1851:

By 1871 Frances was widowed and living with son Richard:

Deaths Jun 1875
                  Jeffries Frances 74 Greenwich 1d 556

Can't see an obvious baptism for her in the Poplar area.
                  Hi Mary
                  This seem's to be looking like my Frances i dont understand the poplar bit unless she had relation's there? All i know is she existed and she was a gt gt grandma
                  Thank you for helping me sort that out both you and Elaine have put her in the right place which explain's why our family ended up in the greenwich area.
                  Thank you both again

Comment

She seems to be fairly consistent in the census records that she was born in Poplar.

Mary has found the 1851 and 1871 census entries - I think this is the one for 1861 where she has decided to call herself Sarah
                    Household:
                    Sarah Jeffryes b1797 Poplar - Head - Widow - on parish
                    Fanny Jeffryes b 1832 London
                    Jane Jeffryes b 1842 London
                    Richard Jeffryes b 1844 London
                    living in Greenwich St Alphege

RG 9; Piece: 401; Folio: 66; Page: 5;
                    Elaine

Comment

michael Jurks

Hi
                      since im complete on my side i was wondering if anyone could fill in the gap on my hubby's side,
                      were trying to locate exactly where his gt gt grandfather was from and who he was married to ?
                      so far we have his dad ernst kirk 1938- 2005 from winchester, his grandad ernest kirk 1898-1970 liverpool, his dad ernst Jurks 1866 - 1912 from mecklenburg, vorpommern, Rostock.
                      and his dad the one were interested in is michael Jurks from germany but we have no dates for him .
                      Thank you

Comment

Have a look here on the site's reference page for Germany - lots of places to look.
                        Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                          Have a look here on the site's reference page for Germany - lots of places to look.
                          Margaret

Thank you Margaret
                          I'll have a look on there

Comment

Working...
                          X