London Blitz bomb map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Blitz bomb map

For those with London ancestors during WW2 you may be interested in this new map of where bombs fell during the Blitz.
    Explore the London Blitz through our website. Discover London during WW2 bombing raids, exploring maps, images and memories. The Bomb Sight web map and mobile app reveals WW2 bomb census maps between 7/10/1940 and 06/06/1941, previously available only by viewing them in the Reading Room of The National Archives.
    Last edited by keldon; 07-12-12, 08:44.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

It's fascinating and an easy way to spend/waste your time when you really should be doing something else!

I've had trouble loading it on Chrome - keep getting a "404 not found" error, but it worked for me on Firefox.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      It's fascinating and an easy way to spend/waste your time when you really should be doing something else!

I've had trouble loading it on Chrome - keep getting a "404 not found" error, but it worked for me on Firefox.
      There's also a warning that it doesn't work with some older versions of IE.
      Phil
      historyhouse.co.uk
      Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Thank you so much for putting this up, it seems a bomb did hit on what looks to be close to my mums family home , it was Friars Place which was just of the Blackfriars Road, hard to judge exactly as cant see it properly as its hard to move small amounts, but bomb mark as far as can see almost dead on where it would have been, Friars House now site of where it was, do remember next to house was an area that could have been it.

Comment

Such a pity that they put it on a modern day map.
          My own home/street is not shown because it was obliterated by a couple of HE bombs on 10 May 1941 and many friends were killed.
          Address was Delamere Crescent Paddington and can be seen on the Booth Poverty maps.

Comment

Working...
          X