Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliza Hall c 1807-12 Norfolk

Hi
    I'm not sure if anyone may be able to help.

Eliza Hall was born c 1807-12 Kirby Cane Norfolk (census details)

She married William Youell July 11 1831 Ellingham Norfolk (Kirby Cane and Ellingham I believe are the same parish. Sadly parentage is not identified

Eliza and William move to Wanlip in Leics then on to London, where she dies in 1868.
    On death cert age is 57

In 1879 William remarries, Sarah Westcott nee Hall, Sarah may have married bigamously, her previous husband was George Richard Wescott Liscenced Victualler, but I can find no death record for him prior to one in 1882. It all gets a bit complicated with her son but I think I now have that sorted. Sarah was born in Swaffham Suffolk in 1833.

I am now trying to see if these 2 ladies were in any way related. I have managed to find Sarah's parents and siblings but I am stuck re Eliza.

I have tried Freereg and IGI, but no real possibilities, there is an Elizabeth baptised in 1797 but this would not match re childbearing age.

Does anyone have any ideas where I may be able to get info re parentage for Eliza please.

Thank you
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 02-12-12, 09:47. Reason: add age at death
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Hi
    There is a baptism at Kirby Cane for an Elizabeth Hall born 12th Sep, bap 19th Sep 1811.
    Parents Thomas & Mary Ann Hall (nee Savage).

Sarah was born in Swaffham Suffolk in 1833.
    Swaffham is also in Norfolk.
    Moggie

Comment

Oh WOW thanks so much. That must be her, please can I ask where you found it?

Re Sarah, yes I have many of the family originate in this crossover area, eg Beccles, that's partly why I wondered if there is a link.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I found the baptism on FreeREG
        Marriage for her parents also on FreeREG at Kirby Cane on 25th Dec 1809. Thomas Hall & Mary Ann Savage.
        Both single of the parish, witnesses Jacob & Sarah Hall.

Were Sarah's parents William Hall & Sarah Addison? I can't seem to find a marriage for them either on FreeREG or in Norfolk marriages CD.
        Moggie

Comment

How did I miss that? I will have to go back there Thank you again

Yes those are Sarahs parents. Someone has uploaded a project they have undertaken, that lists Swaffham baptisms, very useful. I think I found their marriage on FreeReg, but mistranscribed as Adderson All Saints Cockley Clay 1816, which looks to be only a few miles away

..... Just looked up on FreeReg, I must have been asleep when searching :o
          Last edited by bubblebelle; 02-12-12, 18:15. Reason: addition
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

Oh Cockley Cley, they have iron age mines there, remember climbing down a very dodgey ladder when I was younger to walk through the diggings, I expect they have tightened up a lot on health and safety now.

Oh, you can always check Norfolk transcription archives aswell and familysearch do have the Norfolk registers on there pilot scheme which is great if you have a date and place as they arent transcribed.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 03-12-12, 18:56.

Comment

Thank you Heather for those hints. I will have a root around later.

Your talk of mines reminds me of going down South Crofty in Cornwall in the 80's. I could not believe that there were JCB's down there. In stark contrast we were taken into the old tunnels where there was literally no room to move amd some we could not even squeeze through. Not a place I would have liked to work. Lots of people have been down the Poldark mine, but I feel priviliged to have gone down an, at the time, working tin/copper mine
              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
              X