Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gibralter lookup

hi all i am tracing my friends family tree
    i have his great grandfathers wedding cert 3/3/1909 william henry stanley, bombardier r,g,a .age 30 so he was born 1879 approx fathers name the same deceaed sailor

he marries emma edith harter age 17 so born gibralter 1892 her father been thomas george harter ,barrack labourer found a thomas george harter born devon 1863

found a thomas harter 1881 census age 17 woolwich royal art so he must have married gibralter cannot find one marriage in england

i have found 8 chilldren for william and emma 1920 to 1933 england dont know if there is any born gibralter

trying also to trace a marriage for thomas george and any other chilldren other than emma

hope any one is able to help please dave

Do you have access to Ancestry - I think his army records may be there -

- I haven't had a proper read through but it certainly contains reference to Gibraltar so worth checking to see if it's the right one.
    Elaine

Comment

Yes, they looks as if they are the right ones.
      There is a marriage shown on the service records:
      Emma Edith Harker, married on 3 march 1909, Kings Chapel, Gibraltar.

A number of children are included on the service records.
      Elaine

Comment

The service records contain a letter from an Alice Hayes, presume sent to the RGA, asking if they can tell her the whereabouts of William Henry Stanley, who was apparently father to her son born Dec. 1919. ??
        Elaine

Comment

1911 census for Emma Edith Stanley shows her living in Gibraltar with two children, Lily Josephine Mary Stanley (age 2) and Violete Elizabeth Stanley (age 10 months)
          Source: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=37335909
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Yes, they looks as if they are the right ones.
            There is a marriage shown on the service records:
            Emma Edith Harker, married on 3 march 1909, Kings Chapel, Gibraltar.

A number of children are included on the service records.
            thanks elaine its misspelt it should be harter

Comment

The service records contain a letter from an Alice Hayes, presume sent to the RGA, asking if they can tell her the whereabouts of William Henry Stanley, who was apparently father to her son born Dec. 1919. ??
              the little tincker another child i have his first child born 1920 i wight not very faithfull was he dave

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                thanks elaine its misspelt it should be harter
                Probably my mistranscription from the image!
                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                  the little tincker another child i have his first child born 1920 i wight not very faithfull was he dave
                  I can't remember for sure but there were I think 5 children listed on the service records, all born pre 1920'ish.
                  Elaine

Comment

Dave, it might be worth your while getting some credits for Findmypast as it appears that the service records of Thomas George Harter, born c1863 are available on there.

Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!
                    Elaine

Comment

Dave, it might be worth your while getting some credits for Findmypast as it appears that the service records of Thomas George Harter, born c1863 are available on there.

www.findmypast.co.uk
                      thanks again elaine for your time and help i will get my freind to pay if he wnats the records i am very gratefull for help best regards dave

Comment

Working...
                      X