Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help please

Am I missing something ?
    I am trying to find some info out about Joseph ( John ) Wilkinson, born 1826 in Hexham.
    I can`t find a birth or a marriage to Annie born in 1846 in Poplar although they are on the 1881,1891 and 1901 censuses in Roath, Cardiff. On 1911 census Annie is a widow but then again, I can`t find a death for Joseph.
    They had children Cornelius and Annie.

Thanks

Hello Lyn

you can't find a birth for whom? John? have you looked on www.familysearch.org?

am in the middle of cooking but I will have a look and see what I can find
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes Julie, I have looked on there to no avail. He appears as John on some censuses and Joseph on others.
      Thanks

Comment

ooh did you notice on the 1901 census that they have a John o'callaghan living with them?

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
        Julie

Comment

and the same on 1891 too..

Julie

Comment

Can't seem to find Cornelius pre 1881 - it's beginning to look as if he and Annie (b1869) could be Ann's children from a previous marriage - but can't find a suitable census entry.
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              Can't seem to find Cornelius pre 1881 - it's beginning to look as if he and Annie (b1869) could be Ann's children from a previous marriage - but can't find a suitable census entry.
              yep thats what I thought Elaine, seems very odd that with such a distinguished name he should be easy to spot!.. not so!
              Julie

Comment

I thought the same thing. There is a very big age gap between Joseph and Annie also.
                I need to find a marriage now !

Comment

I'm struggling to find anything on this. I think they must be Ann's children from a previous marriage, and whether Joseph & Ann actually married is I suppose another question.

My only thought on this is that I have found a tree on Ancestry which shows the daughter Annie with parents Joseph & Ann. Annie appears to marry a Daniel Aherne in Cardiff in 1892. Depending on how important it is for you to work back on this line, then maybe the marriage certificiate of Annie may give a different father, other than Joseph Willkinson.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    There's a birth registration of a Cornelius WILKINSON Q3 1862 Whitechapel 1c 373 which fits.
                    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I think you are right Elaine and yes, Annie did marry Daniel Aherne. I will get her marriage cert from 1892 and see what it says.

Thanks, I will keep digging

Comment

It could be but mostly it says on the censuses 1864 !

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                          There's a birth registration of a Cornelius WILKINSON Q3 1862 Whitechapel 1c 373 which fits.
                          Missed that one!
                          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                            ooh did you notice on the 1901 census that they have a John o'callaghan living with them?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=31785283
                            Yes, can`t find out who he is too......arrghhhh,it says a nephew

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                              if thats the one I looked at yesterday, there is a baptism for him too, but states his father as Cornelius too.. :(
                              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by LynSpain View Post
                                Yes, can`t find out who he is too......arrghhhh,it says a nephew
                                yep, it states nephew on 1891/1901.. is he still with Annie on 1911? I didn't think to look!
                                Julie

Comment

Yes he is, age 34 and a visitor !
                                  I have seen the marriage cert also for Annie Wilkinson and Daniel Aherne and it says father - John Wilkinson, Carpenter . What a problem !

Comment

.......and one of the witnesses is her brother Cornelius Wilkinson !

Comment

mmmn they certainly are a problem family, :(
                                      Julie

Comment

I did wonder if John o whatsisface was actually Annies SON, as it does seem a little odd for a nephew to be living with a family for all that time.
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X