Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh genealogy show Coming Home returns

From the WDYTYA Magazine site:

Welsh genealogy show Coming Home returns for its seventh series this week, kicking off with an episode featuring Blue Peter presenter, Gethin Jones.

Jones’ family story proves an emotional one as he learns about the role one of his ancestors played in saving the lives of his fellow coal miners by developing a safety light. He also unearths an affecting tale concerning his mother’s past that has had significant implications on his life today.
    Episode two deals with opera singer and forces' sweetheart Katherine Jenkins, who is in for a shock when it is revealed that she has unwittingly followed in the footsteps of her great grandmother, a singer who performed for troops during WW2.

The third show sees TV presenter Fiona Phillips journeying to the land of our fathers to investigate her great grandfather, who she discovers fought in the largest naval battle of WW1. She also learns of her ancestors’ involvement in the Welsh Rebecca riots (1839-43), in which male agricultural workers dressed as women in order to protest against tax inflation.

Hustle star Robert Glenister rounds off the series with the discovery of a touching story regarding an ancestor who joined the Australian army so he could fight in the First World War after being rejected for being too short.

WATCH THE SHOW
    ► Coming Home will be shown on BBC One Wales at 7.30pm on Friday 23 November. However, readers outside Wales will be able to watch the episodes on BBC iPlayer soon after they air.

Thanks for this....will be watching it on iPlayer

Linda

Comment

We watched the first episode (via Sky) about Gethin Jones ... it was interesting but we thought half an hour wasn't long enough to give sufficient depth to the research info etc.
      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 29-11-12, 09:08.
      Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Would I be able to find this on Iplayer? I'm not Welsh but my 3xgranddad is, Evan Thomas.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Comment

Fiona Phillips tonight ...

Fiona learns of her ancestors' role in one of Wales's most famous historic events and the very moving story of her family during the First World War.

Comment

Cheers :D
              Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
              X