Thrustons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrustons

I have quite a lot of details of the UK branch of this family but cannot manage to link them up to all the ones in the USA - can anyone help? maybe somewhere along the line they all went to the USA? maybe you have Thrustons in your tree too? they were originally from Norfolk and then there's some in Wales

US censuses usually give a PoB and an age - and sometimes a DoB (maybe month/year). You could work backwards from there. Some censuses give the year of immigration, if within recent(ish) times.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It's always difficult when you have two trees, or families, and you are trying to find the link between them.

What you could do is look at any passenger lists from UK to USA to see if any look familiar - you will find some lists on Ancestry (worldwide sub) and Findmypast, and also on various free sites such as Ellis Island and Castle Garden.
      You will also find other links on our Emigration/Immigration page in the reference library - http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...nd-Immigration

If you find the Thruston families on the USA census (again available via Ancestry worldwide sub) then you do find on some of the later ones that the date of immigration is also noted.
      Elaine

Comment

my last name is thurston could urs have been spelt this way

Comment

Tricia -
          a few more details about the ancestors you are seeking would be useful - full names, year of birth if known, who might have been with them, estimated year of immigration etc?

Familysearch.org has many US records indexed, many with images online. I think all censuses are indexed, several with images of the page. It is free.

Also, FTF reference section can provide many useful links. Unfortunately, there is no central US registration of BMD. The closest is the Social Security Death Index (SS began in 193?, but not everyone participated initially).

Good luck & Welcome to FTF!

Comment

I was also going to say it may well be Thurston - I live in Norfolk and its a pretty common name here.

Comment

Working...
            X