lincolnshire family names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lincolnshire family names

from TANKIE ONE.i am reserching Wilkinson,who lived in anwick area,around the 16/1700s.my mothers name was Harriett,her father being John. JAMES

James

your mother cannot possibly have been born in 1700, so how have you managed to connect her to people in the 16 and 17 hundreds? If you want an accurate tree you have to go back one generation at a time.

OC

Comment

i never said my mother was born in the 1700,please read thread correctly,i know her d-of-b,i am looking for her mother or father who were born in the 1700,ther names were JOHN and ANN,who lived in ANWICK Lincolshire

Comment

tankie

You have misunderstood my post - of course your mother wasn't born in 1700, that's what I said! and I very much doubt if her parents were, either.

If you get your mother's birth cert, that will give the names of her parents and you can then look for a marriage and trace them back to the 1700s, one generation at a time, which is the correct, the ONLY, way to do it with such a common surname.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by tankie one View Post
          i never said my mother was born in the 1700,please read thread correctly,i know her d-of-b,i am looking for her mother or father who were born in the 1700,ther names were JOHN and ANN,who lived in ANWICK Lincolshire
          Who does her refer to?
          Your sentence reads as if you are now referring to your grandmother i.e you know her (i.e.your mother's) dob - you are now looking for HER mother or father who was born in the 1700.
          I'm sure this is NOT what you mean.
          Could you clarify a) what you do know and b) what you would like to find out?

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Janet. HER,was refering to my great /grandmother in a previous reply. you seem to understand. yes i know her d-of-b.it was 1814 her mother and father who were a john and ann,from anwick in lincolnshire,is what i am after thanks
            Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 24-11-12, 16:58. Reason: unfreindly comment deleted

Comment

If John and Ann married at Anwick in Lincolnshire you might find their marriage here:

Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Tankie

Please do not be rude to me. I was trying to help you. I still do not understand what you are saying, so I'll leave the thread.

OC

Comment

Tankie, it does help if you are polite to the people who are trying to help you!

If you explain as clearly as you can what help you need I'm sure people will do their best.
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:
                  England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                  Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Harriet's baptism is at the top of the left-hand page:

Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:

Comment

I hope you are not saying that this Harriet is your mother!
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by tankie one View Post
                        from TANKIE ONE.i am reserching Wilkinson,who lived in anwick area,around the 16/1700s.my mothers name was Harriett,her father being John. JAMES
                        Hi James

I am sure if you re-read your initial post which is quoted above you can see how the facts are not clear !!! Our members are trying to help you find your relatives and are only asking for clarification.
                        Barbara

Comment

James,

if you would also try and make your posts a little clearer as to what you actually have this would help us to help you.

might I suggest that you read our Terms and Conditions, http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...and-Conditions

in particular:

Always display a positive, friendly attitude and be respectful of other people's opinions. Rudeness, insults, arguments or threats against other members are not acceptable.
                          should you continue to ignore this, we will have to take further action.
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Harriot Wilkinson had a brother baptised in 1813

Martin Wilkinson

Male
                            baptism/christening date:
                            22 Aug 1813
                            baptism/christening place:
                            Anwick, Lincoln, England

father's name:
                            John Wilkinson

mother's name:
                            Ann
                            indexing project (batch) number:
                            C02840-7

Found on Familysearch https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ber%3AC02840-7

Edna

Comment

Hi Edna, if James looks in the baptism register for which I gave the link he will find this baptism there also.
                              Elizabeth
                              Research Interests:

Comment

Not sure how far Broughton in Lincolnshire is from Anwick but there is a marriage of a John Wilkinson in 1813 to an Ann Thomas same year Martin was born

Edna

Comment

Working...
                                X