Find my Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find my Past

I'm going round in circles on FMP trying to find a list of which parish records from Hampshire they have. They don't seem to have an index! (probably just me not looking properly).

I only just discovered that they have a lot a transcriptions of Hampshire PRs, which are very useful to me. BUT I can't for the life of me find a list of which parishes and dates have been included.

Anne

thought I had it, but not sure now :-(
    Last edited by Janet H.; 21-11-12, 14:29.

Comment

This looks like one list: http://www.findmypast.co.uk/help-and...cords/baptisms
      But I can't see anything for Hampshire.

Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 21-11-12, 14:43.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Lists are available here although the lists only give the parish names and don't specify the actual years covered in each parish, which for a researcher is next to useless!

I suspect coverage for some parishes may be very patchy.
        Last edited by AntonyM; 21-11-12, 14:44.
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Found it! (uploaded 29 March 2011)

Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!

There are pdf lists for each of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials.

It's not clear whether they're images or "just" transcriptions.

EDIT: Antony got there first. And he's right - the dates are there as an overall description, but not for each parish. It could tell you if your record is likely not to be there, but no certainty about the positive question.
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 21-11-12, 14:47.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you! So the Hampshire records are still in the "News" section even though its dated 29 March 2011. that's very helpful .... NOT!

How did you find that, please, Anthony?

Anne

Comment

Just browsed back through the News announcements
              Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
              Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Hmmmm. Methinks its time they did a proper index or at least a search on the site. Surely it would encourage more subscribers! I only found out by chance (from another source) that the Hampshire records were on there.

Thanks very much to those who helped.

Anne

Comment

they're transcripts from the hampshire genealogical society, which is likely the same stuff on the cds for hampshire.

Comment

Yes, but I don't have the CDs! I'm happy to accept transcripts from the local FH Society as being as reliable as they can be. If I had known they were there I'd have accessed them last year!!

Anne

Comment

there something your interested in anne? i can look them up for you?

Comment

Thanks for the offer Kyle. No I think I've got them now from FMP. Its for my one name study I collect PR entries. We have a database with nearly 17,000 baptisms, marriages and burials for our name! before finding the Hampshire records on FMP we only had SIX entries for the whole of Hampshire!!!!

Anne

Comment

oh wow anne, glad you found them all!

Comment

Working...
                          X