willmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willmore

hi all i am trying to find a link from rodger willmore married helen farmer 1590 i have them with 12 chilldren first anne b 1592 last being samuel b 1606 all in leicester
    i am trying to link them up to john willmore marries mary burton st peters 10 4 1711 these having 6 children
    i have being giving a link to internet arcives on the history of the willmores but not sure if i can post that link on here
    can any one offer any help in finding the connection between the two above
    any help would be most gratefull for your time and any help you can offer best regards dave

Originally posted by tyson View Post
    i have being giving a link to internet arcives on the history of the willmores but not sure if i can post that link on here
    Dave - no problem in posting the link.
    Elaine

Comment

http://www.archive.org/stream/histor...0fost_djvu.txt hi elaine and again thanks if you look on here down to page 27 about rodger from northampton i wondered if this is him and his wife moving on to leicester or am i just coming up with silly ideas any offers of help are very welcom thanks dave

Comment

What else do you know about the John Wilmore who marries Mary Burton?
        You have really got to start at this point and work backwards from John in the hope of tying him in with Rodger Willmore (who marries Helen Farmer)
        It's virtually impossible to work the other way, that is forwards from Rodger in the hope that you find a link to John somewhere along the way!
        Elaine

Comment

hi elaine this is where i am stuck ive seen one john born 1677 in fms and one born 1674
          i have john and marys chilldren as mary 31 12 1713
          john 16 10 1715
          anne 28 8 1717
          thomas 4 12 1719
          sarah 30 6 1723
          lawernce 1726
          and marys parents as thomas and anne
          this is all i have at the moment thanks again dave

Comment

Mary Burton F CHR 6 APR 1684 Thomas Ann
            John Willmore M MARR 10 APR 1711 Mary Burton
            both in moutsorell thanks dave

Comment

Not sure I can help at all Dave. Once you get back to 17th or 18th century research my feeling is that you can't really rely on parish records alone. You really need to check them in conjunction with other records, such as wills. poor taxes, bastardy bonds, settlement/removal records etc. You may find that some of these are available on film from your local LDS centre.
              Elaine

Comment

hi elaine ive got a list of wills one includes rodgers so you think i should check up on these first i wish i lived in lecister at this moment ,film from your local LDS centre.where can i find these in the co durham area please and thanks for trying bye the way i have a full list of bmd from 1604 to 1910 in mounsorell leicester if any one needs a lookup dave

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                  ,film from your local LDS centre.where can i find these in the co durham area please
                  Sorry, forget they have been renamed to FamilySearch Centres!
                  Find a FamilySearch center or affiliate location. Get access to personalized help, technology, and exclusive resources to aid your family history journey.

Some shown on the map here .. not sure where you are located.
                  Find a FamilySearch center or affiliate location. Get access to personalized help, technology, and exclusive resources to aid your family history journey.

You can then search the library catalogue to see what is available to order on film -
                  Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

e.g. for Leicester
                  Elaine

Comment

thanks for them elaine i will keep trying best regards dave

Comment

Working...
                    X