How many children did Amelia have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many children did Amelia have?

I'd appreciate it if someone would kindly take a peek at 1911 census and let me know how many children (born/living/died) Amelia Scrimshire had.

She was b1879 Wellinborough, Northants - in 1911 she's living in Leicester, occ Hoseiry Handf Wender (as spelt on transcript).

Thanks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

She is alone on the census return (14 Dunkirk St), but shown as married (10 years), 2 children , both alive. none died ... Hosiery Hand Winder
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks Antony .. that's interesting

On the 1911 census Amelia's husband Walter is living in Leicester with his widowed mother (Mrs Scrimshire at 9 Coventry St., Leicester) together with Walter's brother Arthur and 3 children; Annie (7), Nellie (6) and Katie (4) .... as children listed below Walter I assumed they were all his ???

Whilst I have a copy of the transcript for the above I don't currently have access to the 1911 image ... does it state how many children Walter and Arthur had ???
      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 18-11-12, 10:57.

Comment

I've PMd you.
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
          Thanks Antony .. that's interesting

On the 1911 census Amelia's husband Walter is living in Leicester with his widowed mother (Mrs Scrimshire at 9 Coventry St., Leicester) together with Walter's brother Arthur and 3 children; Annie (7), Nellie (6) and Katie (4) .... as children listed below Walter I assumed they were all his ???

Whilst I have a copy of the transcript for the above I don't currently have access to the 1911 image ... does it state how many children Walter and Arthur had ???
          That's a real pity! The 1911 was still on special offer on FMP until yesterday... transcripts free, and images only 5 credits, instead of 30.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 19-11-12, 16:46.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Do you have the marriage

1900 SCRIMSHIRE Walter 28-Jul Leicester, St Luke
            MOORE Amelia

Arthur's marriage

1900 SCRIMSHIRE Arthur 29-Jan Leicester, Christchurch
            BOOTH Sarah Ann

I think Amelia is buried at Welford Road

SCRIMSHIRE AMELIA 1918 JUN 5 40 MENTAL HOSPITAL LEICESTER uN 767 C u105504

and Walter

SCRIMSHIRE WALTER 1945 MAY 10 67 83 WALNUT STREET LEICESTER uN 1053 F u129156

Walter's is purchased as it is freehold but Amelia is in a common grave. No close dates so not found any relatives to chase with them. What I can't make out is exactly what is written above Walter's married status
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
              What I can't make out is exactly what is written above Walter's married status
              Awful writing but was it meant to say Living apart
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Christine, Elaine and Judith ... thanks for confirming some of the info I've found, it's good to know on the right track!

I purchased the Welford Road Cemetery disk, so have been able to track down some of the Scrimshire deaths, abodes etc.

... I think they may have reunited, I found a birth registration Leicester 1913 for Horace L Scrimshire (mmn Moore).
                Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 20-11-12, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                  Is it possible that hubby was away working somehere else? I've got one or two families where hubby was working somewhere else when the census was taken.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                    Is it possible that hubby was away working somehere else? I've got one or two families where hubby was working somewhere else when the census was taken.
                    Hi Uncle John ... husband and children were living nearby with widowed mother.

Comment

Working...
                    X