Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smiths!! i know common name but please help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiths!! i know common name but please help.....

Hello
    trying to find a Robert Smith's b.1847 Pancrasweek (think devon way) mother and father he married a lady called Jenny and had children Robert Titus. Liffes. jenny.Louie and Boby.
    Any info would be so appreciated
    many thanks
    shirley

have you got them on the census ?
    Lorraine

Comment

I wish I could help but I have my own Smith problems. My grandfather John Smith married a Mary Jones!! I have been searching for them for years. I can trace some of my grandmother's movements up to 1881 but after that - nothing.
      Hope you have better luck.
      Charity

Comment

Are you basing the birth place 'Pancrasweek' on the 1891 census? If so, I think ignore it as the census image says just Pancras and as the family are in London I'd be inclined to think it's St Pancras, unless of course you know for sure he was born in Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
          Are you basing the birth place 'Pancrasweek' on the 1891 census? If so, I think ignore it as the census image says just Pancras and as the family are in London I'd be inclined to think it's St Pancras, unless of course you know for sure he was born in Devon.
          http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/Pancrasweek/index.html Genuki has the Parish of Pancrasweek in Devon

Edna
          Sorry if they are living in Pancras London then you are probably correct
          Last edited by clematised; 14-11-12, 17:34.

Comment

oh yes i have been basing on the 1891 census the rest of the family are all st pancras and that area but i suppose im thinking maybe they moved up from devon.....
            thanks susan.

Comment

also lived in Holloway. Not the prison.....

Comment

I'm thinking maybe you've seen just the 1891 index!! The Ancestry index does say Pancrasweek, though why I've no idea as the census image clearly says Pancras.

1891, 22, Wood St, Pancras, London. All born Pancras. I'm sure Liffes is not the true name, however what the correct name is I've no idea. RG12; Piece: 123; Folio: 26; Page: 42;

Robert Smith 44, Horsekeeper.
                Jenny Smith 43, wife
                Liffes Smith 16, son
                Jenny Smith 13, dau
                Louie Smith 6, dau
                Robert Smith 21, son, Horsekeeper
                Eliza Smith 25, dau in law
                Boby Smith 3, son (probably Robert and Eliza's son)
                Edith Pilcher 25, sister, sweet maker

Comment

Here they are in 1901 RG13; Piece: 146; Folio: 118; Page: 43. link http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=2137243

Margaret

Comment

Here's the birth for Robert Titus

Robert Titus M Smith
                    Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1870
                    Registration district: Islington
                    Inferred County: London
                    Volume: 1b
                    Page: 346

Comment

Working...
                    X