Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois Soanes/Hannant/Cleveland census lookup 1881 and 1891 please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lois Soanes/Hannant/Cleveland census lookup 1881 and 1891 please.

The following story sounds like an episode from a soap opera

Lois Soanes B. 1828 Corton Suffolk
    M
    George Hannant, fisherman in 1846

1851 and 1861 she is living in Gorlestone Suffolk
    Children:
    Hannah 1846, George 1849 and Maria 1850.

I believe George may have died in 1867, apart from 1851 he does not appear on the census with her, however she had 3 further sons who I believe from Christening entries and naming were fathered by her lodger Samuel Glasspoole, fisherman who I believe married another lady around the time of the birth of their first son

Samuel 1857, William 1863 and Henry 1867, although they all go under the name of Hannant
    Lois the married Henry Cleveland in 1876

I then lose her until 1901 where she turns up in Northumberland In the 1901 and 1911 census, she dies in 1917.

Can anyone find her in 1881 and 1891 please?
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 14-11-12, 16:22. Reason: to put correct birth year
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Thank you Susan, it was when I read that Henry was a bakers boy that I remembered that I found that one last night and thought I'll remember that one for tomorrow, and promptly completely forgot about it!!!!!

I really shouldn't be left in charge of a computer.

Once again thank you... and yes I do have Ancestry.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I must be having a bad day I can't even get any results up for her Mandy.... :conf:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you for trying Julie. I have found her under the name Hannant for all but 1881 which Susan found (Cleveland).. and not at all in 1891, she does seem to lose a few years along the way, but looks to have lived to the age of 96!
        Bubblebelle x

Comment

ok I can now see her on every census BUT 1891.. she has to be mangled...
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

And it would have helped if I had put the correct year of birth up .... 1828 SORRY, so not 96 but a ripe age anyway
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

I would think she is with her son Henry as I cannot find him either, but although at different addresses they both turn up in Northumberland in 1901
              Last edited by bubblebelle; 14-11-12, 16:24.
              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Thats him, thank you so much Susan.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

My pleasure, just wish I could find Lois.

Comment

I am hoping she may just appear out of the ether. Thanks for trying.
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

bubblebelle re lois soanes/hannant/Cleveland.
                      lois's first husband George Charles Hannant drowned at sea with all crew whilst mackerel fishing on 29 May 1853( inscription on gravestone in St Bartholomew's church cemetery, Corton Suffolk ). Their child born 1846 was William Charles Hannant (can't find a Hannah? ) who drowned at sea 3 Dec 1867 at the harbour bar Gt Yarmouth when rescue lifeboat Rescuer of which he was a crew member was overturned after collision (see Gt Yarmouth Independent 7/12/1867). hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X