X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas please?

I have found my GGGrandfathers brother John Glasspools' obituary on FMP

Born 1857 in Lambethand died 22nd July 1928 aged 71

It gives all the mourners, which I know about. But the death was registered in Dover and he was buried in Charlton Cemetery and he was of 53 Clarendon Street, only Clarendon Street I can see is in Pimlico.

They are in Portsmouth on 1911 census and on several before that. Martha died in Portsmouth in 1938.

I have looked on Deceased Online as they have Charlton Cemetery but I can't find him.

Just wondered why Charlton? Pimlico is not near there and I can't find any connection to Charlton anywhere at all.

I expect the only way to get a bit more information is to bite the bullet and get the death certificate!!

Linda

John's death was registered in DOver, the obituary was in the Dover Express, there is a Charlton cemetery in Dover also a Clarendon Street in Dover.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Ah well that explains it then...thanks Judith..I couldn't work out were the Charlton Cemetery in London came in

Thanks

Linda

Comment

There is Clarendon St in Dover , near Dover Priory Stn and there is also Charlton Cemetery on Old Dover Road which is only just over a mile away.
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thankyou. I jumped to conclusions as Charlton Cemetery,London is quite near where I live now..just shows....more thorough research and no jumping to conclusions!!!!

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X