Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in London - french emigrate

bonjour,
    je m'appelle Marie, je suis française et j'ai découvert en faisant mon arbre généalogique qu'une aïeule nommée Renée BEDOUET avait fui en Angleterre en 179? (année inconnue).
    Elle a épousé Pierre LABBE le 11/01/1796 à Londres, paroisse de St Marylebone (j'ai la copie de l'acte)
    Ses filles jumelles, prénommées Angélique et Marie Alexandrine, sont nées le 8/09/1797 et ont été baptisées quelques jours plus tard dans une chapelle française de kingstreet.
    Pierre Labbé est mort en 1798 et est enterré au cimetière de St Pancras. Renée Bedouet et ses filles sont rentrées en France ensuite.
    Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider à trouver les actes de baptême pour les français nés à Londres ?

merci d'avance

Marie

Translation (using Google translate)
    hello,
    I'm Marie, I'm French and I discovered my family tree by a grandmother named Renee BEDOUET had fled to England in 179? (unknown year).
    She married Pierre Labbe on 11/01/1796 in London, parish of St Marylebone (I have a copy of the act)
    His twin daughters, prenamed Angélique and Marie Alexandrine are born on 09.08.1797 and was baptized a few days later in a French chapel of Kingstreet.
    Pierre Labbé died in 1798 and is buried in the cemetery of St Pancras. Bedouet Renee and her daughters are then returned to France.
    Can anyone help me find the baptisms for the French-born London?
    thank you in advance
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 13-11-12, 14:39. Reason: translation added

Welcome to the forum Marie.
    Even though this is an international forum, we do ask that posts are written in English.
    We can't see a problem if you want to post the question initially in French, providing you also include a translation to English. If you don't speak English then we would suggest you use a translation site such as Google Translate.

I have moved your thread to our Family History Research forum where hopefully someone might be able to help you.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by marie marnier View Post
      bonjour,
      je m'appelle Marie, je suis française et j'ai découvert en faisant mon arbre généalogique qu'une aïeule nommée Renée BEDOUET avait fui en Angleterre en 179? (année inconnue).
      Elle a épousé Pierre LABBE le 11/01/1796 à Londres, paroisse de St Marylebone (j'ai la copie de l'acte)
      Ses filles jumelles, prénommées Angélique et Marie Alexandrine, sont nées le 8/09/1797 et ont été baptisées quelques jours plus tard dans une chapelle française de kingstreet.
      Pierre Labbé est mort en 1798 et est enterré au cimetière de St Pancras. Renée Bedouet et ses filles sont rentrées en France ensuite.
      Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider à trouver les actes de baptême pour les français nés à Londres ?

merci d'avance

Marie

Translation (using Google translate)
      hello,
      I'm Marie, I'm French and I discovered my family tree by a grandmother named Renee BEDOUET had fled to England in 179? (unknown year).
      She married Pierre Labbe on 11/01/1796 in London, parish of St Marylebone (I have a copy of the act)
      His twin daughters, prenamed Angélique and Marie Alexandrine are born on 09.08.1797 and was baptized a few days later in a French chapel of Kingstreet.
      Pierre Labbé died in 1798 and is buried in the cemetery of St Pancras. Bedouet Renee and her daughters are then returned to France.
      Can anyone help me find the baptisms for the French-born London?
      thank you in advance
      For the sake of any helpers who have trouble with the Google translation, I think that should work out as...
      I'm Marie, I'm French and I discovered while building my family tree that a grandmother named Renée BEDOUET had fled to England in 179? (unknown year).
      She married Pierre LABBE on 11/01/1796 in London, parish of St Marylebone (I have a copy of the register entry)
      His twin daughters, first names Angélique and Marie Alexandrine were born on 09.08.1797* and were baptized a few days later in a French chapel in King Street.
      Pierre Labbé died in 1798 and is buried in the cemetery of St Pancras. Renée Bedouet and her daughters then returned to France.
      Can anyone help me find the baptism records for French people, born in London?
      thank you in advance

*It's worth putting dates in the form DD MMM YYYY... That avoids the confusion between the UK and US formats. The date you have shown could be 9 August, or 8 September.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hello Marie,

I found this quote in an ebook on Project Gutenberg.

Hampstead and Marylebone - the fascination of London. Author Geraldine Edith Mitton.

" Between King and George Street is Little George Street, in which is a French chapel, built in the reign of George III by emigres from the French Revolution. It is a Catholic chapel, and is called ' Chappelle de St Loius de France'."

bcbrit
        Last edited by bcbrit; 13-11-12, 21:15.
        George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Hello Marie,

It might be worth emailing these archives , to see if they carry any records.

London Metropolitan Archives - ask.lma@cityoflondon.gov.uk

City of Westminster Archives - archives@westminster.gov.uk

Good Luck !

bcbrit
          George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

thank you

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
            For the sake of any helpers who have trouble with the Google translation, I think that should work out as...
            I'm Marie, I'm French and I discovered while building my family tree that a grandmother named Renée BEDOUET had fled to England in 179? (unknown year).
            She married Pierre LABBE on 11/01/1796 in London, parish of St Marylebone (I have a copy of the register entry)
            His twin daughters, first names Angélique and Marie Alexandrine were born on 09.08.1797* and were baptized a few days later in a French chapel in King Street.
            Pierre Labbé died in 1798 and is buried in the cemetery of St Pancras. Renée Bedouet and her daughters then returned to France.
            Can anyone help me find the baptism records for French people, born in London?
            thank you in advance

*It's worth putting dates in the form DD MMM YYYY... That avoids the confusion between the UK and US formats. The date you have shown could be 9 August, or 8 September.

Christine

thank you for these precisions , the dates are :
            11 january 1796 for the marriage
            8 september 1797 for the twins birth

Comment

The clearer dates are very helpful, Marie. (Les dates plus claires sont {mieux}.)

I hope that others are able to help. (J'éspère que d'autres peuvent vous assister.)

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X