aristocratic scandal revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aristocratic scandal revealed

a who do you think you are genealogist called anthony adolph believes he's uncovered research that proves king charles I was not the father of kings charles II and james II. he believes their mother queen henrietta maria of france had an affair with henry jermyn who built st james square in london.

some evidence he uses is, the kings were over 6 ft tall, whereas as their supposed royal father was around 5 ft........because their height couldn't have come from their mother's side! or further back in the stewart line, mary queen of scots was very tall!

As they say you only know for certain who the mother of a child is - ........................................

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I hope he has a bit more evidence to go on rather than just height!

My mother's parents were very tall. Her four brothrs are all over 6ft. My mum was barely 5ft. Poor nutrition in her early childhood meant she never reached her full potential height. Childhood illnesses and long periods in bed can also stunt a child's growth.

OC

Comment

One could also be a bit catty and say, after nearly 400 years, who cares ? The Stuart line

ceased in 1714.

David
        Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

haha david so true. it's not like it affected anything anyway.

oc, i agree with you on that. charles I was a sickly child, they left in scotland for up to a year i think it was when his parents acceded the throne of england as his health was so precarious.

Comment

Well that's just stupid! It's kinda like saying Prince Harry isn't Charles' son because of the hair but people are forgetting that his maternal Uncle has the same hair.
            Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

with harry's case, i think the physical similarity with the jockey? polo player? helped those rumours.

Comment

Working...
              X