Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steven,

have you looked for a birth of may/mabel driscoll at all? as this would be after the 1911 census, then you should get the mmn of Ward??? and any Driscolls living at any of the address you have?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• there are only 6 male births for Driscoll/MMN Ward in UXBRIDGE after 1911-1921.
      Julie

Comment

• OMG STEVEN!!!!

Name: May P Driscoll
        Mother's Maiden Name: Pettitt
        Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1912
        Registration district: West Ham
        Inferred County: Essex, Greater London
        Volume: 4a
        Page: 115
        Last edited by Darksecretz; 30-01-12, 18:31.
        Julie

Comment

• Flippin' heck Julie thats got to be her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think I should do now? Order the birth cert or go for a death?

Steven

Comment

• I have just sent you a PM Steven,

I'll have a look to see if I can find a death.. :smilee:
            Julie

Comment

• there are two possible deaths for Mays husband... one is a

George Arthur
              BIRTH: 3 Jul 1909
              DEATH: Mar 1973 - Hackney, Greater London, England

the other is:

George Albert
              BIRTH: 20 Mar 1906
              DEATH: Sep 1982 - Redbridge, Greater London, England

so is also up to you whether you get the Marriage cert or not.

i'll have a look and see if I can spot any children to this marriage.
              Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
                Flippin' heck Julie thats got to be her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think I should do now? Order the birth cert or go for a death?

Steven
                Birth cert will confirm that the mother IS CLARA.. and give you an address.. (and a father!!)
                Julie

Comment

• IF I had to order a death cert too what one would be the best looking? I will order the birth cert tonight but may as well order two!!!

No hiding now Clara lol I think we may have you!!!

Steven
                  Last edited by stevie2006; 30-01-12, 18:52.

Comment

IF I had to order a death cert too what one would be the best looking? I will order the birth cert tonight but may as well order two!!!

No hiding now Clara lol I think we may have you!!!

Steven
                    Chelmsford is the more logical place for people from Newham and or Ilford to move to as it is same side of London. Chelmsford hospital also more likely than Bromley if she was still in Ilford area and died in hospital.

Probable death for May: Milbank, May Phyllis, Reg district Newham, 1974 Jan-Mar quarter, dob 26 July 1912, Vol 5E, Page 2063

Last edited by JudithM; 30-01-12, 19:02.
                    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

• I think that I would be rather cautious, I'd deffo order the Birth cert, for May. then, if it were me, I'd probably order May's death as well,

It is all too easy to run away with what has been found, what I don't want, is for you to be spending more money and then the boomerang comes back and you get another memory..lol!!
                      Julie

Comment

• Shall I put the champers on ice so we are ready! Well done Julie.
                        Elaine

Comment

• Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                          Chelmsford is the more logical place for people from Newham and or Ilford to move to as it is same side of London. Chelmsford hospital also more likely than Bromley if she was still in Ilford area and died in hospital.
                          #
                          I agree that Chelmsford is the most likely as people stayed one side of the river or the other!
                          Margaret

Comment

• oh and btw, I didn't find ANY children born to the marriage.
                            Julie

Comment

• Thanks Judith my geography is appalling and I was on route finder looking at distances.

Thanks Julie you are right cautious first - but what would May's death cert give me? I will go ahead and order the birth cert just now

Steven

Comment

• Thanks Elaine and thanks Margaret I was posting the same time!!!!

Huge thanks to Julie and obviously to Amanda who has been patient in the face of a very impatient family tree researcher ie me!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck

Steven

Comment

Thanks Judith my geography is appalling and I was on route finder looking at distances.

Thanks Julie you are right cautious first - but what would May's death cert give me? I will go ahead and order the birth cert just now

Steven

Mays death cert should give an address and or informant may be hubby (if he hadnt gone by then) it may be that another family member registered her death. though, if you want to plump for one of the Clara deaths first then, by all means, go for it hun!
                                  Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                    Shall I put the champers on ice so we are ready! Well done Julie.

its been a real team effort Elaine :smilee:

Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
                                    Thanks Elaine and thanks Margaret I was posting the same time!!!!

Huge thanks to Julie and obviously to Amanda who has been patient in the face of a very impatient family tree researcher ie me!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck

Steven

i'll sit here x eyed if I have to !! :smilee:

loadsa luck!!
                                    Julie

Comment

• All fingers and toes crossed for this one - it all sounds a bit more positive to fit the information you now have so I high hopes and have put some Spanish Cava on ice!

Margaret

Comment

• I dont know leave here for a while and look what happens how fantastic hope certs come quick, and if its her I might be asking again for help for my Great Grandmother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                          OMG STEVEN!!!!

Name: May P Driscoll
                                          Mother's Maiden Name: Pettitt
                                          Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1912
                                          Registration district: West Ham
                                          Inferred County: Essex, Greater London
                                          Volume: 4a
                                          Page: 115

Just popping in after being away for the weekend - my goodness that is looking good - please, please let it be the correct one this time - I have a feeling it might be.
                                          Lots of luck Steven. and well done everyone if it is THE one.
                                          herky
                                          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                                          X