No announcement yet.

Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for trying everyone but is it actually on Ancestry please? Because I can't find it and I have tried every possible which way I can think of!
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
      Thanks for trying everyone but is it actually on Ancestry please? Because I can't find it and I have tried every possible which way I can think of!

No it has not been transcribed on ancestry yet but I think I did find it on there after a bit of a phaff! I'll see if I can find it again and send the link.
      Margaret

Comment

• Here's the ref RG14PN9409 RG78PN506 RD188 SD2 ED36 SN92
        ancestry link http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...st+Gate.36.184
        Margaret
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 29-12-11, 13:50.

Comment

• Thank you Margaret
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Hi just an idea to throw out there. I looked up a death for Arthur McKanna who married Ethel Ward and there is one about 1976 in Southend on Sea in Essex. I then searched for deaths for all the surnames I know for Clara and came up with Clara E Rolfe death in Southend on Sea in 1948 (Apr/May/Jun) and year of birth is around 1871. Isabel - Clara's other daughter had an extra middle name of Emily added at her death so that could explain the E and by 1948 Isabel and Eric Rolfe were married and maybe the person noting the death took her name instead of Ward?

Anyone think that could be an option?

I also looked up distance and its about 32 miles so not too far and with the McKanna link - although there are 3 McKanna deaths but that one looks a possibility

Steven

Comment

• I'll have a look at Clara McKanna and see if I can see her in the 1911 or earlier.
              Margaret

Comment

• Can't see anything at all for Clara E McKanna b1871 - could be a possible.

Southend on Sea would be a favourite place for people from the east end of London to move to get away from the war or simply for a more quite life than West Ham. It was and still is a day trip out for Londoners.

Margaret

Comment

• Do you have an address for the McKanna family? May be worth another ER lookup.

Margaret

Comment

• Might be worth also asking the council if they would check the burials and cremations for Clara E McKanna here's a link http://www.southend.gov.uk/a_to_z/se...nd_crematorium

Margaret

Comment

• Where did you find the Clara McKanna death? I can't see it anywhere.
                      Margaret

Comment

• Sorry Margaret not sure if my post was clear but it was Clara Rolfe not McKanna. The Rolfe link is that was the name of Clara's daughter 2nd married name. No Clara McKanna's that I could see.

Steven

Comment

• this might be a better link Steven for Southend on sea burial records,

I was kind of hoping that they had put them online, but it doesnt look like they have :(
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• there is this as well, but I havent found many results for clara

Welcome to Remembrance Online Remembrance Directory
                            Julie

Comment

• Thanks Julie I will check them out

Do you think Clara Rolfe could be an option? Clutching at straws but nothing left for Clara Ward and this is the only one I could find

Steven

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
                                Thanks Julie I will check them out

Do you think Clara Rolfe could be an option? Clutching at straws but nothing left for Clara Ward and this is the only one I could find

Steven
                                It could well be Steven, I think that you dont have much to lose now, I would contact them on that link and ask them if they could do a search in the cemeteries first, for Clara Rolfe, that way it doesnt cost you anything to find out IF she is one and the same.
                                Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
                                  Sorry Margaret not sure if my post was clear but it was Clara Rolfe not McKanna. The Rolfe link is that was the name of Clara's daughter 2nd married name. No Clara McKanna's that I could see.

Steven
                                  OH dear! a senior moment on my part

Comment

• Hi Steven
                                    Is a possible to have a re-cap on the Clara death certs that you have already sent for with brief details of who the Clara in question was the wife or widow of & who registered the death. I'm not sure now if the total is 4 or 5.
                                    Looking at the summary book for 27 Hartland Rd the Wards are noted as lodgers in the house of a Mr Cockerton.So Clara & this James Ward possibly moved in pretending to be a married couple & had to put something down in the "how long have you been married" column. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I'm just catching up after Christmas.
                                    Moggie

Comment

• Hi Julie I will get some emails off to those links today thanks

Moggie here is a brief summary but I cannot find one certificate

1. Clara Ward died 13th August 1942 in Southwark widow of John Ward (a porter) and informant M B Sweeney present at the death. Address was 8Q Peabody Square

2. Clara Ward died 17th September 1942 in Dartford Kent widow of John Leslie Ward and informant was L C Cook (occupier). Address was 1 Bexley Lane

3. Clara Amelia Ward died 28th March 1943 in Dartford Kent spinster and daughter of Walter Ward and informant was Minnie Ward sister. The strange thing here was that the person certifying the death was an L C Cook and address also looks like 1 Bexley Lane

4. Clara Ward died 1943 in Essex South Western - I cannot find the certificate and I have never lost one before - I was tempted to reorder but surely I would have noticed something on it before?

That leaves 2 possibles - a death of Clara Heath and a death of Clara Rolfe. Apart from that nothing else

Steven

Comment

• Hi Steven
                                        You definitely did get a copy of the 1943 death. i had a look back through the thread & on post #33 you wrote.
                                        Bad news - I received the death certificate for the Clara that died in 1943 and unfortunately it's not her so back to the drawing board for Clara. I did find another photo of her with my grandad and he is in his WW2 uniform so I know she was alive by then.

Moggie

Comment

• Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                                          Hi Steven
                                          You definitely did get a copy of the 1943 death. i had a look back through the thread & on post #33 you wrote.
                                          Bad news - I received the death certificate for the Clara that died in 1943 and unfortunately it's not her so back to the drawing board for Clara. I did find another photo of her with my grandad and he is in his WW2 uniform so I know she was alive by then.

Moggie
                                          I do think it would be worthwhile checking that this cert was issued to Steven as it is odd that it has disappeared in as much as it is the most likely one being in the area of Ilford in the right time frame and for the right name. I wonder (no disrespect) whether there has been some confusion when several certs were ordered in quick succession whether there has been a mix up involving one of the other certs.

I do think it would be worth checking this one out thoroughly before ordering any more. GRO do assign customer account numbers and should I think be able to check what they have issued to any individual so it is worth a try at least.

Alternatively Steven could check his emails as GRO do send confirmation of orders.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                          X