X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

It's a real puzzler you have here DR. I can't find the birth ref for Maud Gladys Turner in either of the right quarters, but there is one for a Gladys Maud Turner April-June 1908 Aston 6d 351. I can't find a marriage for a Richard Hewitt to a Turner but there is a marriage for a Gladys M Turner to Joseph J Hewitt in Birmingham South, July-Sept 1924 ref 6d 158.

That marriage may have produced quite a few children though.
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 17-06-11, 10:24.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Update after quizzing my mother she recalls Maud had 2 husbands, the plot thickens but im working through it, and since talking to my mother she has told me my uncle has sent her some details on her father that she put in a safe place and forgot about till she found them after my telephone call with her, so more potential leads for me.

Comment

It's funny what people remember if you give them a nudge!
          Keep us updated DR.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Will do and i strongly advise people to keep pushing rellies cause its amazing how a name sparks them.

Comment

Gladys Maud Turner/Frederick Newman/Richard Hewitt

Hello there! I've only just come across this site and topic, so I hope I can still be of some use, albeit some months later! Gladys Maud Turner was my maternal grandmother. She did marry Frederick Newman, and they had a son Ronald Frederick Newman. When little Ronnie was just a little boy, nan (Gladys) met my Grandfather Richard Hewitt, and they set up home together, having 4 children: John Barry (known as Barry), Marian (my mum), Vivian, and Brian. Nan (Gladys) never divorced Frederick Newman and consequently never married Richard. Ironically, Frederick and Richard died less than a year apart from each other (Richard Hewitt died on 14th Feb 1970, and both he and my nan are buried in the same plot in Witton Cemetary, birmingham. I don't have all the info currently to hand, but have paperwork stored away, so please ask if there's anything you'd like to know. Regards, Jayne.

Comment

Working...
              X