Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Marshall which marriage is hers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Marshall which marriage is hers?

My greatx3 Grand Mother was Mararet Marshall born 1789 in Hemingby to Mark Marshall and Sarah Blades.

Her brothers and sisters were all born in Hemingby

Mark 24-10-1784....(died 1814 in HEmingby unmarried ?)
    Henry 21-5--1786....(died 1827 buried in unmarried ?)
    Elizabeth 7-10-1794 ...(died ?)
    Elizabeth 23-5-1797
    Mary 21-10-1798 marrid Geroge Leak 1820...died November 1820

Now I have 2 possible marriages for ELizabeth.

1......11th June 1816 to John White of Swanby, Batchelor to Elizabeth Marshall spinster of this parish...Banns
    Signed John White, Elizabeth Marshall X.........Witnesses Thomas Wright......ELizabeth Marshall, Charles Johnson (Charles Johnson I think was a warden or something...his name appears as witness to many marriages)

2....14th October 1819 David Richardson of Belchford, Batchelor to Elizabeth Marshall of this parish...spinster. By banns
    Both made X Witness Mary Rhoudes.

Which one do you think is my ELizabeth?

Is there any trace of either or both couples on the 1841 census and thus any children identified? if any are born after 1837 you might be able to get a fix on who married who by getting the birth certs.
    Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 20-06-10, 08:25.

Comment

BOth David Richardson and JOhn White married Elizabeth Marshalls .....both ELizabeths were born in Hemingby.

I can't tell which Elizabeth is mine.

I can't find either ELizabeth in the 1841 census.

Comment

Ah! right.. and the birth certs wouldn't help.
        I did find an Elizabeth White in Lincoln in 1841 HO107; Piece 651; Book: 9; Civil Parish: St Martin; County: Lincolnshire; Enumeration District: 14; Folio: 14; Page: 21; Line: 20; GSU roll: 438771.
        Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X