• Record Office: Record Office: Somersetshire

If someone is going there 'at sometime' appreciate looking for
    1. marriage of James Luckman from 1790 - 1806
    don't know where James was born.
    2. baptisms/births of his children: Sophia Luckman b. abt 1806
    Jane Luckman b. abt. 1809
    Edward Luckman b. abt. 1810
    don't know who James married....and don't know if there were more children
    birth dates for above children are averaged out from the census records.
    Anything would be a huge plus.
    I'm in AUS......
    No rush...Regards K

From Freereg
    Marriage
    St Mary's Chapel, Walcot, Bath - 17 July 1803 - James LUCKMAN / Esther BROWN

Baptism
    St Swithin, Walcot, Bath - 28 December 1806 - Sophia d/o James and Esther Luckman
    St Swithin, Walcot, Bath - 28 August 1809 - Edward s/o James and Hester Luckman

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

You might want to join this group for Bath research. Lots of local help.
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Good site for 1837 onwards
    Bath County Births, Marriage and Deaths Indexes.

Hope this helps a bit
    Malc

OPC for Coleford, Somerset

Comment

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You Malc
      This is just wonderful, I did have the marriage for James and Hester (Esther) but could never prove it because I did not have births or baptisms for the children.....you have helped so much. I have just sent the info onto the ggg grandson of Edward, he lives in Victoria, AUST. Sadly did not find Jane's baptism but gosh to have Sopia's as well is fantastic. I had found that Esther died in 1815...so now think James might have married again, I will go looking. I will join the Bath research group.
      Regards Kaye

Comment

I'm so pleased that I have helped. Freereg is updated with new records every month so always worth checking every so often.
        Good Hunting
        Malc

Comment

Many Thanks again, I did not know of Freereg.....so I have had a lovely look around, might have even have found my gggg- James Luckman's brother!! Other family researchers were thrilled to receive the wonderful info. Hopefully I will be in England next year and can go and have a look at the registers.
          I will pass the Freereg site onto my friends.
          Many thanks again
          Kaye

Comment

I came across these while I was looking at this site for some of mine.

They might fit into your family jigsaw somewhere.

Malc

Comment

Many thanks again Malc, I will note the births on my family tree and see what eventuates with further research, especially with this other person who might be my gggg grandfathers older brother.
              Freereg is wonderful for Wales as well....have found evidence or a rel on the other side of the family there...it gets so hard to find anyone before 1837. Also looked up for a friend her family in Wales and she has been able to go back another generaltion, you have really helped us.
              Regards
              Kaye

Comment

Working...
              X