Cordless phone ~ caller display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless phone ~ caller display

I have a Panasonic Cordless telephone - model KX~TG6412E and since being with Talktalk I find that the 'Caller Display' is very intermittent. For example:~
    When a person in my 'address book' calls me from a mobile phone or landline in the UK to my landline here in the UK the 'Caller Display' does not always work?

When the call is received on my landline the caller display sometimes only says 'CALL' other times 'INCOMING CALL' and on occasions the correct display of the 'Name'.

Please can anyone help explain why this is happening as I pay every month for 'Caller Display' and I am not getting the service. I did not get this problem 'EVER' with BT. I so urgently need 'Caller Display'.

I have asked both Panasonic and Talktalk without any satisfaction. A friend told me to remove the filters from the main telephone socket as that may be the cause - but why now? Also if I do that others would not be able to use the Analogue phone in the house.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

It sounds strange Margaret. I'm not sure about the UK but here you have the option of withholding your number when you dial so the person who is receiving the call doesn't know who is calling. There is also a feature whereby you can reject any incoming calls where the callers number isn't already registered on your phone.

Comment

Hi John,
      Yes Salesmen withhold numbers here. If you have friends and family logged into your phone their number should be displayed under normal circumstances. Most of the calls have been from my husband or close friends whom I know will reveal their name and number. I would surprise people by answering the phone and saying 'Hello Pam' etc and I think that some people thought that I was psychic which of course I am not. You get a sense of who might be calling on the withheld and international numbers.
      I pay Talktalk for Caller Display and I sent them an email early on Tuesday and asked for a refund as I was not receiving the service. The four calls that I have had today have all been OK so I think it is them pulling a fast one.
      Thank you for your response it may encourage other views.
      Thank you for sorting my other Thread.
      Will try and find time to send you a PM before Christmas.

Cheers,
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Can't really help on this, but I have a panasonic and am with talk talk, and caller display works fine, always has!
        Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Working...
        X