Winzip question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winzip question.

I'm trying to get some photos of my grandson emailed to me.

My daughter has about 100 of them. She has uploaded them to one of the online digital photo printing places where I can view her album and copy it to mine. However, this company is quite expensive to print the photos.

I tried copying them to "My Pictures" on my computer so I can upload them to the cheaper printing place, but they come up too small for good prints (about 40kb each).

I remember someone mentioning a program called Winzip that might work.

If I download this program, can my daughter also download it and somehow place the photos in it and email them to me so I can get them at the original size????Otherwise they will take three days to get to me with normal email as they are about 1.5meg each.......lol

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

On the Winzip site: http://www.winzip.com/getcurrpage.cgi?lang=en&page=prodpagewz it says it will compress jpegs by 20 - 25% so you'll still have pretty large files to send/receive.

Maybe your daughter could copy them all to a CD or something and post them.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-09, 11:40.

Comment

Thanks John.................probably not worth it.

Comment

Try the trial version at YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement if yo both try it she can send you the photos by uploading them to that site, you can then download the.
        Best Wishes
        Ron
        www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thanks Ron.

Comment

Working...
          X