Volunteers needed for Records Office & Cemetery Lookups and Photos
- Can you help?
- Do you go to your County Records Office, Archives or Library - or is it close enough that you could visit if someone needed a look up?
- Would you be prepared to take photos of churches, headstones, memorials, buildings etc. in your locality?
If you would like to volunteer then please add your details in the comment boxes at the bottom of the relevant Research Offer page in the Reference Library:
- Research Offers: Cemeteries
- Research Offers: Photographs
- Research Offers: Records Offices/Archives/Libraries
Alternatively you can start a new thread in this forum. When starting your thread please select the appropriate prefix for your offer, as defined in the following list:
- Cemetery: For offering your services at a Cemetery or Graveyard.
- Probate: For offering lookups at a specific probate office.
- Library: For offering lookups at a specific library
- Record Office: For offering any type of genealogical lookup at a record office.
- Photographs: For offering to take a photo relating to genealogical research.
Secondly, in the title field of the thread enter the place, location names and date(s) for where and when you are prepared to undertake your offer, for example:
- Photographs: All Saints Church, Harlow Hill, Harrogate - dd/mm/yyyy
- Probate: Holborn, London - On Request
Finally, on the first post of the thread enter any further information regarding your offer, for example:
Offers subject to my available time.
Thereafter, presuming someone requests your services, further discussion can be entered into either on the thread or by personal message, whichever the two parties prefer.
When you have actioned your offer please leave a message to that effect on the thread.
If the services you are offering don't come under any of the listed prefixes then please seek advice from a moderator or admin.
The following pages offer advice on the sort of information that you may want members to provide when they request your assistance, together with guidelines for offers and requests.
Important: This forum should not be used to offer census/BMD type lookups, or lookups from CDs or similar resources.