Computer won't let me print adobe files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer won't let me print adobe files

Tried to print off an email attachment the other day and it came up that "the document could not be printed".

Then today I was trying to print off a sheet of the FTF business cards and it said the same. I had done it previously but OH has been messing lately and replaced the second printer. Neither will print the adobe page.

Any suggestions please for a computer idiot!!!
    Last edited by JBee; 12-04-09, 16:50.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Is you printer set as the default one?

Comment

Yes and I've swopped it for the other too.

Can print everything else on both printers - just not adope files.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Is it just PDF files that you cannot print, when you click on File is the print option greyed out ? try checking the document properties of the PDF file, go to the security tab to see if printing is allowed.
        Best Wishes
        Ron
        www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Have you the latest Adobe installed or can you save it to your computer and open it up from there then try to print

Comment

I've just looked at the Security tab and it's locked.

Is there a way of opening it?

Installed a new version of adobe last week when trying to print an email attachment - still didn't work

Comment

You could try this, JBee. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and upload the file.
              Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thanks for the link and OH had a look.

Removed the programme and re-installed and it now works.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X