Can you help find the link ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help find the link ?

I've had a contact who says that we are related through Robert Rowe born 1861 Preston.
    He says that Robert had a child Cecil born 1883 London the only info is that Cecil's mother is called Laura.
    I have Robert on the 1871.
    On the 1881 he is living at 4 Azalia Place, Leeds. living with father John and step mother Mary Ellen.
    Can't find Robert or Cecil on the 1891.
    On the 1901 the info that my contact gave me is that Robert is now married to a Rose Andrews and living in North Petherton, Somerset.
    Cecil is living in a boarding house in Gravesend, Kent.
    I'm not 100% sure that this is the correct Robert, so before accepting this as family I wonder if anyone can help find Robert and or Cecil on the 1891.
    Any opinions would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Julie

Smile, it confuses people.

1891 census RG12; Piece: 3708; Folio 9; Page 11;
    Robert Rowe born 1863 Preston, living in Leeds, single, boarder, occupation Engine Fitter.
    Elaine

Comment

RG13; Piece: 4239; Folio: 30; Page: 23.
      Robert Rowe born 1863 Present, living in Leeds. Single. Occ. Machine Fitter
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,
        I saw that one too. Thats the problem that one seems to be the one that fits the info best, but, it says that he is single and where is Cecil ?
        I suppose that he may have not married and that Laura ? died and Cecil was living else where but Cecil is registered as a Rowe.
        Julie

Comment

1901 census
          RG13; Piece: 2281; Folio: 111; Page: 8

Robert Rowe - b 1857 Finsthwaite, Lancashire
          Spouse Rose
          living in North Petherton

I doubt if it is the same Robert Rowe as Finsthwaite is about 50 miles from Preston!
          Elaine

Comment

Maybe it wasn´t your Robert Rowe that married Laura.
            Elaine

Comment

He is quite certain that there is a link. I feel the same as you that it doesn't quite fit. I think that he will have to show me proof of how it all fits together before adding them to my tree.
              Julie

Comment

Doesn´t feel right to me. I would definitely ask for some proof.
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,
                  Having two heads is much better than one.
                  Julie

Comment

If the Cecil in 1901 in Gravesend (a stoker in the Royal navy) is the same man in Suffolk under a military schedule in 1911. He's living in the same household as a George Rowe b.1869. Do you have him in your tree?

The only other one on the 1911 is the same Cecil in the 1891 census born in India with the father Joseph.
                    Hail Spode!

Comment

Sorry for delay in replying, gave up and went to bed.
                      I saw Cecil on the 1901. Still haven't been able to find him on the 1891.
                      I don't have a George Rowe that would fit so I'm still thinking that maybe the Robert that he has is'nt the same as the Robert that I have.
                      My contact has sent copies of BMD certs of family members that he has sent for which are the same for me, but, not definite proof, I think that to be 100% sure I will have to get Cecil's birth certificate and the marriage certificate for Robert and Rose to see who his father is.
                      Julie

Comment

put your name down on wdytya you will be amazed more eyes more help brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                          Thanks Elaine,
                          I saw that one too. Thats the problem that one seems to be the one that fits the info best, but, it says that he is single and where is Cecil ?
                          I suppose that he may have not married and that Laura ? died and Cecil was living else where but Cecil is registered as a Rowe.
                          I haven't really read all the replies properly, so apologies if I've missed something, but this (above) is what I was thinking and I found this:

1881 census Laura Rowe b Bale Norfolk, 19, a servant living in Stepney. Single.

RG11; Piece: 460; Folio: 56; Page: 34

Births Jun 1883
                          ROWE Cecil St. Geo. East 1c 430

1891 census Laura Innes b Bale Norfolk, 28, "husband" Robert Innes and son Cecil Innes aged 8 b St George in the East.

RG12; Piece: 288; Folio 129; Page 55

I can't find a marriage between Laura and Robert.

I'm thinking that possibly when Cecil Rowe/Innes got married he did so as Cecil Rowe and when they said "and your father's name is?" he said "Robert"!! So the vicar wrote Robert Rowe! I'm not sure why a man from Preston would be the most obvious selection though?? lol (and obviously there's no reason to believe THIS Cecil's father's name would be Rowe at all!)

Comment

Working...
                          X