This is so stupid....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so stupid....

... and I am a bit embarassed as I am sure I have seen/know the answer somewhere. Are register office marriages on Ancestry or am I not looking correctly at the matches? Trying to find one from 2007 just to have in my records.

Yes, they are, but they only go up to 2005, don't they?

Comment

Ah maybe thats my problem! Is that just because they haven't been updated? Will have to manually type it then!

Comment

I don't believe marriages after 2005 will be available online. Ever - well, unless there's a change in the rules. I was hoping to get one from 2006, but when I searched FMP (which has births and deaths for 2006) it says
        GRO has withdrawn the service to sell birth, marriage and death marriage indexes and the last indexes supplied to commercial customers are for 2006 Births and Deaths.

To apply for the certificate of a marriage which occurred after 2005, it is necessary to contact the appropriate registration office directly.

A list of contact details for registration offices can be found at Genuki.org.uk
        Tracy

Comment

Oh.........?? Thanks!
          Tessie

Comment

And for the register office to find the record, they will need to know where (at what church or other venue) the marriage took place, since each church which is registered for marriages maintains its own register.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeblossom View Post
              I don't believe marriages after 2005 will be available online. Ever - well, unless there's a change in the rules.
              I think the idea was originally that the GRO would put them on their own online indexes, but of course they have shelved that project now.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I may be wrong about this (!) but I thought the GRO indexes, including current events, are available at five or six centres in England? I have a vague memory of the GRO holding open days at these venues relatively recently (last year?).

It stuck in my mind because one of the venues was Plymouth Central Library I think. I meant to go but forgot!

OC

Comment

Yes, I think that's right. Though I have no idea whether they have actually managed to produce the indexes for 2007 and distribute them to those libraries yet?
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kate

No, I don't know either, but as all events are now done on the computer, I would have THOUGHT that an index entry would be immediate anyway?

OC

Comment

You could make up your own information and pretend it came from A******y!

Hugo

Comment

Working...
                      X