Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another useful Oz link courtesy of Sydney DPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another useful Oz link courtesy of Sydney DPS...

From Harry Dutton (with a bigpond e-address):

IHR is "Internet History Resources" at IHR New South Wales Family History Documents.
    It has a lot of interesting NSW records from the end of the 19th Century -
    especially things like pastoral records and land grants. <snip>
    IHR is a subscription site - you have to pay. BUT my local
    municipal library (Hornsby) has it available on all computers. I havn't
    found it as yet on any site that allows access from home.
    I've had a brief look, myself, and I have to say that it looks promising.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Oh yes, I was looking at that a few weeks ago wondering whether to join, but I didn't think I'd better spend more money. It does look good though, if you think you will find enough stuff to make it worth paying.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes, I've been looking and dithering.

It's not quite the optimum date-range for my (niece's) purposes, I don't think... and I could do with an overlap with VIC.

If it's for my own connections, it's not the part of the tree on which I spend money, being a side-line - and they're in QLD, mainly, anyway.

But I keep having another look/dither!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X