Coroners Report-Inquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coroners Report-Inquest

I have a death cert which states that there was an inquest held "11/06/1878- Middlesex" This is my first cert with this on it. Are inquest details always avaliable to the public and if so where do I start to look for it- can I do this online? Sorry if I'm asking silly questons...this is all new to me.
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Usually your best bet is local newspapers.

Do you want to tell us who it is etc as some papers are available online.

Comment

Inquest papers sometimes survive and sometimes don't but they won't be online. If they have survived they could still be with the coroner's office or they might be in the county records office.

As Merry says, inquests are very often reported in local newspapers. You will have the date of the death and inquest so if you send a very nice email the relevant county library service may do a look up and send a photocopy for a small fee.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Redacted

Comment

I'm sorry that I haven't responded but for some reason I couldn't get on this site all day yesterday. Thank you for your offers. His name was Thomas Bonner and the he died on the 17th June 1878 at Royal Vale at 63 years old. The cert says he died from Apoplexy- accelerated by a fall whlst getting out of bed. Is this all you need?
          [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Comment

Working...
          X