IOW BMD help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOW BMD help please

This would be so simple on the computer but the kids are using it and it's almost impossible on the pocketsurfer because of the dropdown menu for year - could someone please look for any births with surname Shapira between 1903 and 1911 on Isle of Wight BMD for me, please? Thanks a lot.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

SHAPIRA, Frederick, Leslie 1905 MMN PICKFORD Godshill G34/E420
    SHAPIRA, Florence, Effie 1908 MMN PICKFORD Godshill G35/E303
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine. They were the only ones I had in my tree but I wondered if there was another one because they seem to be all mangled up on the 1911 index - name is transcribed as Shapera. They are in Droxford Hampshire with a child born there whose details I have found, and the parents William and Florence are o.k. The little girl had died but it has Frederick Leslie 58 and Car William 6 so I'm trying to figure out what it should be without forking out for credits!
      KiteRunner

Comment

I searched using Shapira and then searched using Pickford and they were the only two that showed up.
        Elaine

Comment

I wonder whether Frederick Leslie and "Car William" have had their ages swopped over, then - maybe Car William is really William senior or something and was really 58. Thanks.
          KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
          X