Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have parish records and still don't know....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I am not "Teaching my Grandmother to suck eggs" but my Grandparents and great grandparents lived right next door to their local church and I always assumed they were buried there!
    I sent an email to the "Outdoor facilities" which for Maidenhead is

outdoorfacilities@rbm.gov.uk

and was given details of full names, date and place of burial and their ages. They were extremely helpful and prompt. They were buried at a cemetery about 3 miles away which was a surprise!
    Last edited by fortuna; 18-01-09, 08:17. Reason: omission

Comment

Hi,

The reason I was asking about the parish church was because there are 3 churches in the area (within walking distance) named after Saints although one was an old church and another the new version both called the same.
      ie 2 St Mary and All Saints. The other is a St Nicholas.

Now I need to find out if the new version of St Mary's and All Saints had burials and if not where people were buried. My Great Grandfather only died in 1947.
      Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

The church may have had a burial service, but your gt grandfather could have been buried anywhere else. Have you checked the relevant local council website which usually gives a list of burial grounds/crematoria?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Nell,

I have been to the Essex Records office and despite finding other burials I cant find his.
          Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

Have you tried the Crem Fi?

Comment

My aunt said he was buried and his plot is just inside the gates of the church, which she cant remember the name of.

She was 9 at the time of his death.
              Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Comment

1947 burial - if it's a small community, it's quite possible that the burial book is still in use and at the church, rather than the record office.

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

The old church is now a private residence. There is a new church with same name though. Even if they dont have a graveyard there will they have a burial book?
                  Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Comment

Working...
                  X