Last ditch effort for my grandparents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn The Forest Fan View Post
    I've nothing constructive to add, but just wanted to say that this is fascinating & I think you are really onto something here.
    A bit like a live "how to...."?

Tune in next time, same channel same place for an update:D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Bit of an update for you all

Heather has kindly sent a message to the Ancestry tree owner for me and i had an immediate response,

the tree owner is a direct descendant of the Goddard/Turner marriage.......looks like a day or two of comparing notes is on the cards.

*one very excited little researcher is heading off to bed"
      Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 23-01-09, 00:12.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Don't forget to come back with regular updates.....I just love reading about families connecting.

Comment

Update...Update

One very excited little researcher has just had a flurry of e-mails from the new contact:D

We are definately connected, Annie Turner is grandmother to both of us and through years of research her life story is documented. It's on the way to me on a memory stick in a day or two and includes photographs of half siblings as kids and several photographs of my b/f James with options to have assorted certs included too.

I know the thread is like War and Peace but i can say for certain that Annie never did marry John Townsend, the pre 1926 and post 1926 events are for the same Annie and all the fibs and fiddles Annie entered on certificates about her marriage have been unearthed.

The 1946 address in Lincoln is hers and the witness on the 1945 marriage cert is indeed a half brother called George Goddard.

Moggie

Everything you have spent time and effort (plus a few credits ;)) finding is spot on, take a big bow, you have earned it.

Thankyou isn't enough but i can't really offer anything else so Thankyou again.

Heather PT

You might think it was just sending an e-mail but it was an important one.

A round of applause for everyone involved:D:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Oh Glen, what a result through dogged determination.
            Well done
            Pam

Comment

Oh that is fantastic news Glen, well done to everyone involved!!
              Lynn

Comment

That it wonderful news Glen!! I am so pleased for you!!
                Fiona. xx

Comment

Oh that is fantastic news Glen, well done to everyone involved!!
                  Seeing as the names that raised the query are originally from Sheffield you should be grateful someone has done the work already, i seem to remember we agreed you would spend 30 hours at the archives in return for some pow pics :D:D:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Fantastic breakthrough, Glen - absolutely thrilled for you.

*Gets out hanky, as she loves a happy ending.*

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Erm did I say that? It would have been a pleasure Glen!
                      Lynn

Comment

Erm did I say that? It would have been a pleasure Glen!
                        It was actually 30 hours per picture

*checks how many pics are on the pc....1,2,3,4........11, 12, 13, 14 does that include re-sized ones...erm no 15,16, 17......27, 28*

Right 28x30=:D:D lots of time to find my new rellies and look into the Goulsons that are in Sheffield that i already knew about

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

*works out that Glen wants me to spend 35 days & nights at the archives, I don't even know where they are!* :D
                          Lynn

Comment

*throws streetmap in direction of a certain Forest Fan*

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

*dodges flying map, what a shame I can't drive!* :D
                              Lynn

Comment

That's great news Glen, glad you finally had a breakthrough.
                                Jenny

Comment

*dodges flying map, what a shame I can't drive!* :D
                                  Can't you get a bus to Sheffield? You could credit the bus fares against some of the look-ups :D:D
                                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I do believe there are buses to Sheffield, but am not sure I could get the 2nd mortgage to pay for the fares! :D
                                    Lynn

Comment

If this thread proves just one thing (except for the humour on here is sometimes not as good as it could be:o) is NEVER give up.

It's the third or fourth time that this little conundrum has been raised by me, and with little different known from the first time i tried to when i posted the thread this time it didn't look hopeful but the proof is in the postings.

My problem was that John and Annie had a bit of life before 1919 that i just couldn't find and Annie certainly had a suprise or two in store for the later years. Starting from the midpoint in a rellies life isn't easy but it can be done with a bit of work, help from other members here and a dollop or two of luck. James (Jim) my birth father had a reputation for his way with the ladies and his ability to father kids at the drop of a hat.

My newly discovered half cousin has a mountain of information to share and has outlined a few things briefly already as well as giving me heaps more to think about as the last line or two from his message eludes to and those last four words are pretty nice to read too........

Butler died there during the war (or rather in hospital following an operation) and Annie brought up the younger children there.

The rest, they say is history. you have literally hundreds of cousins, ranging across Lincolnshire, down to the west country and beyond...

Ady

NB: You are likely to have family in Italy. According to legend Jim couldn't keep it in his trousers whilst he was stationed there during the war....!

Welcome to the family !
                                      Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 24-01-09, 13:54.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                                      X