New records on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear.

Hmph, I've just noticed they don't have any directories listed for Surrey at all!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I can't get the Enhanced Viewer to install!!! It says "install script missing" and Dave doesn't know why!
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I have just had a go and everything is working fine! Am I being lucky for once? I am using IE my only problem is there are so many of one of my names and very little info.

Comment

I use IE and have no images coming up, I have mailed Ancestry and they have replied with this.

Dear Gillie,

We have received your error report. Thank you for taking the time to improve the quality of the genealogical records found on our website.

We will review the report. If it is determined that we need to make an adjustment to the data, we will make the change during a scheduled update for that particular database. As we are only able to update our databases periodically, there may be some delay before changes are included in the database.

Sincerely,
          Ancestry Customer Support

Comment

Like I said on your thread on General, Gillie, that looks like their standard automatic reply if you report an image problem. Have you tried switching to the enhanced image viewer to see if that works for you?
            KiteRunner

Comment

Yes Kiterunner, I have replied on on General, I have downloaded the enhance viewer and still no image.

As this thread is running here I will delete the same thread on general.

Comment

You won't be able to delete it, Gillie, but I'll delete it for you.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Thank you Kiterunner, i've just been to delete and found I couldn't lol.

Comment

Another tip - if you're looking for London directories, some are listed with county of London and others with county Middlesex, even those from the 1930's!
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                      I can't get the Enhanced Viewer to install!!! It says "install script missing" and Dave doesn't know why!
                      Glad it isn't just me then ... :D
                      Caroline
                      Caroline's Family History Pages
                      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

There is an Ancestry/enhanced viewer troubleshooting page - not sure if it helps in any way.
                        Answer
                        Elaine

Comment

From today's Ancestry newsletter:

Please note: This collection is to be completed on Ancestry.co.uk in
                          March 2009. All English counties are currently covered in the
                          collection except Rutland, Leicestershire, Norfolk and Kent which will
                          be covered in the universal directories when complete.

Comment

Working...
                          X