No announcement yet.

A poll for members who joined after September 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd been on GR for about 12 months, and it kicked off abit, then whispers of the "other side" appeared so I followed them after a while to FTF
    Last edited by It_Is_I_Leclerc; 07-01-09, 16:04. Reason: spelling

Comment

I joined after Sherlock came on to the BBC Sep 2006 with an invitation to the regulars on there.
      I used to have a + after my name as other people did who Sherlock invited but that dissapeared a while ago and dont know why.

I heard about the kerfuffle at Genes but as I have never used their boards ever I cant say what it was like but I am still a member with my tree on there and I visit here regularly to read the posts and keep up with the adoption threads as I send people here who are researching adoption, Birth Mother ect., as I know this board is good at helping and also can keep in touch with friends through PM system

I also like to see the photo threads.

Keep up the good work

Edna

Comment

I joined in 2007 after so many knowledgeable people left GR.

After all, you do need to be in contact with the experts!
        teresa

Comment

I really can't remember how I found you! I haven't posted much as yet but have enjoyed reading others journeys. I have been with GR for about 3 years when I first started to be addicted! I continue with them purely for contacts which have been good. But I didn't like their message boards - posted a couple of times early on but never any replies. And as already said their hot matches are quite ridiculous.
          I shall be searching again soon,
          Well done,

Comment

Thought I would bring this back to the top.
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I googled Nathaniel Fredrick Dettmer and a thread on hear came up. I only joined about 10 days ago but am utterly hooked now!

Clare
              Clare

Comment

Originally posted by claretaylor22 View Post
                I googled Nathaniel Fredrick Dettmer and a thread on hear came up.
                .. and I am so pleased you did!

Clare is my 2nd cousin, once removed and we are having fun exchanging information. Clare has a photo of my grandparents which I am really looking forward to seeing - I only have one other photo of them.

Isn't the internet wonderful!
                Elaine

Comment

I was told about it on another rather cliquey forum by the one helpful person there.

Comment

I haven't seen anyone yet who has admitted to reading about FTF in the Daily Mirror! I'm sure we're not that exclusive.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I was a member of G.R.and I asked someone to invite me.
                      Fran

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                        I haven't seen anyone yet who has admitted to reading about FTF in the Daily Mirror! I'm sure we're not that exclusive.
                        I am sure there must be someone UJ - we have had 200 new members since the article was published last Thursday.
                        Elaine

Comment

I see people who joined Sept 2006 are also voting so I thought I would join them.

I came over with the 'goings on' on GR but couldn't get the link right at first ..... somebody, I can't remember who, put me straight. Haven't renewed GR as I find all I need on here ......

Thanks to you all.

Voted Other
                          Jean
                          Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

I came here from google. I was looking for burial records for Alverstoke and google picked up a thread. So, i joined up, asked my questions and like everyone else here got an answer and was hooked.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I found this via "google' earlier last year and I think I just book marked it at the time. It was later that I chose to join but still didn't participate in the Forums until recently (the last month or so). It was then I decided be brave and post requesting help re one of my brickwalls and was very greatful for the help and advise given. The people here appear to be extremely friendly and I have learn't heaps by reading the threads on this site. Thank you everyone!
                              [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Comment

Working...
                              X