No announcement yet.

Where do they go to ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, Thats not him is it, oh dear, back to the search for him now in that year
    regards Patti

*******always searching*********
    for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

Maybe he was in Ireland if that's his dau born there in 1869?

Do you have his army record?

Comment

No I dont,I keep looking on Ancestry but they dont seem to have finished the S lot yet.
        regards Patti

Comment

Just seen the entry on Family search for this Maryanne Speck, thats them isnt it !!!!!!!!!!!!! well well,seems they were over there hatching babies as well !there is no mention of her though on the 1901 census, so she must have stayed there ?perhaps that was just as or before they married then,
          regards Patti

Comment

Originally posted by Patti View Post
            No I dont,I keep looking on Ancestry but they dont seem to have finished the S lot yet.
            I think his army records will be at Kew and not on Ancestry as it's the wrong time frame for Ancestry.

Mary Ann may have died or maybe any children they had in Ireland were left there when they came back to the UK? Mind you, she would have left home by 1891 which is the first time you have them after her birth, so she might have been in England!

Comment

I bet this is her getting married. Pity there's only the one groom showing!

Marriages Jun 1886
              McCANN Joseph Colchester 4a 575
              SPECK Mary Ann Colchester 4a 575
              Woods Rhoda Isabel Colchester 4a 575

I hate looking for Mc's! lol

Comment

Its all so cloak and dagger isnt,my husband thinks I am nuts, as do a lot dont they ! but I cant stop looking into things ha ha, I have been looking just now around the various sites and have not found her here yet.
                regards Patti

Comment

OOOH your a clever one, looks like her eh !
                  regards Patti

Comment

Rhoda married George Appleby whose page number wasn't transcribed, so that leaves Mary marring Joseph McCann.

Can't see them yet! lol

Comment

Civil birth-- Speck Marian 1869 Co Kilkenny can be found on Irish Genealogy site. I don't know what details this will give other than parents names which you already know. It is expensive--5 euros which I think must be plus VAT because I was charged £6-10 to look at marriage details a few weeks ago and unfortunately it was the wrong one!
                      Moggie
                      Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation

Comment

Thank you Moggie, will have to think about that one.
                        regards Patti

Comment

Curses, I can't find them. There are some McCann births in Colchester. James 1886, Hilda 1891 and Lavinia 1892. Hilda and Lavinia belong to other families (from 1901 census) but James might be yours as I can't find him. (James was reg one Q after the marriage, so that probably explains Mary's early marriage!!)

Comment

Sample Civil birth record
                            Moggie

Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation

Comment

Yes and her Dads name was James, so I bet it was him.
                              regards Patti

Comment

Thanks Moggie, thats interesting to see how others are set out.
                                regards Patti

Comment

Colchester always has had army connections so perhaps Joseph Mcann was in the army and after he and Mary married they went back to Ireland.
                                  Moggie

Comment

Yes yes thats a probable answer I think,all this info I am very pleased, cant thank you all enough.
                                    regards Patti

Comment

Hmmmm. Not so sure now!

1891 census in WALES! pmsl!

Mary Ann says she is 28 which is a fair bit older than she was if she's yours. But she is born Ireland and her OH is 40, so she may have rounded herself up a bit. She has a sister in the house called Elizabeth Speck b in India!

RG12; Piece: 4380; Folio 167; Page 49

Comment

Ha Ha its gets more like a novel, Hubby says all my relatives are crooks and crininals hee hee,sorry to say but I have to go and cook his dinner !!! will come back later .....oh just to say I do have some records of Specks in Wales so it might be a tricky place to be...
                                        regards Patti

Comment

What regiment was James Speck with, Patti?

I have one like that....kids born all over in military barracks...Horfield, Aldershot, Colchester, Kinsale and including a tour of duty in Sydney, Australia.

If you know the regiment, you can find out where it was in 1881

Beverley

Comment

Working...
                                          X