wanting to get research of my family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting to get research of my family.

I am trying to find information about my family from Derby,the family names are , Mothers side Jackson/Webster and Fathers side Willis

Hi Chrisha

and welcome to FTF, if you try posting what you know about one generation at a time, it will be easier for people to help, just remember its not a wise idea to name anyone who is still alive.

Good luck with you research
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

Welcome, Chrisha

I don't know if you've had a look at the Notices links in the top bar, here, but there's some good material there, even if you aren't a beginner.

Then, if you have a look in the FTF Wiki, you'll find that there will be ideas about how you can make progress - in particular, you'll find info about Derbyshire if you work your way from the World link (or just search for Derbyshire!).

As Chrissy suggests, you can also ask for specific help on these forum boards - but we are careful not to name living names: the threads get picked up on Google and, even if the info is in the public domain, it may not necessarily have been collected up and matched in the way that genealogists tend to do. For someone who's named, finding personal info online (or worse - having someone else find it) could be embarrassing - in some cases, even hurtful - and can be counter-productive if someone is trying to make contact with long-lost birth family members, say.

Good hunting!

Christine

PS - We can get around the naming-names thing by sending personal messages, which don't get picked up by Google, once we've established that a particular person may be able to help - or when an individual recognises that they may have helpful info.
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 07-12-08, 23:04.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

chrisha,dont be scared to ask,you will be supprised how quick this lovely peeps work,brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
        X