Trying to find a birth reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a birth reg

I have 8 of 9 birth certs for my great grandparents children, the one i cannot find is Annie Elizabeth Tomlinson born 1879 in Derby.

I have a copy of her baptism March 16 1879 age 4 weeks at Wesley Chapel Brook St Derby

The only birth on Free BMD i can find is in March Q 1878, which is 12 months too early

Could SKS please look at the full births index on Ancestry for me to see if she is there

Much appreciated

Sylvia
    Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 07-12-08, 09:53.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Ann Elizabeth Tomlinson
    1879 1st quarter
    Derby, volume 7b, page 558
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, now i can complete them all.

Just realised you have her as Ann, that would be why i couldn`t find her, as her baptism is Annie.

Sylvia
      Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 07-12-08, 09:23.
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

Is this her
        Annie Elizabeth Tomlinson
        Year : 1878 Jan-Feb-Mar
        Vol. 7b P 487
        L

Comment

Thank you It is i Leclerc, that is the one thats 12 months too early.

Sylvia
          Sylvia

Comment

Now i`m puzzled,i found the one Elaine found before on FHO and she was born in Glossop, so i had discarded it

Sylvia
            Sylvia

Comment

The Derby registration district wouldn't have included Glossop, though, Sylvia?
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The Glossop one was registered in the Jun quarter of 1879, Ann Elizabeth Tomlinson, Hayfield district.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie Gert View Post
                  Thank you Elaine, now i can complete them all.

Just realised you have her as Ann, that would be why i couldn`t find her, as her baptism is Annie.

Sylvia
                  If you're looking for Annie, it will always be worth looking for variants of the name - including Hannah and Nan.

Using "Ann*" will catch Ann, Anne and Annie, so that gets a chunk of the possibles in one search; similarly "Han*" allows for enumerators (or transcribers) who miss the second N.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you look for the name Ann on FreeBMD then it will automatically look for Anna, Anne and Annie as well.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Thank you Kite and Christine, i hadn`t realised that, i was just looking for Annie, as thats what is on her baptism and the census.

Sylvia
                      Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                      X