No announcement yet.

Now i really am confused bemused and in a mess....Update 14 Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received the scan, unfortunately my contact had missed a generation in her discussions with me. It does show John Francis as the father and William as the Grandfather.

It is a very roughly drawn tree with no dates on and only a surname where known for the females who married. It's not going to be a lot of help I don't think and as it has living people on it I am loathe to post it.

Had another good look around today and realised I have a baptism for a William Trezona 8 Dec 1841 at the Weslyan Methodist Chapel Camborne son of John and Eliza of Condurrow aged 2w 3d. I cannot find a birth registration or death at that time for him.

Comment

Don't you need one born in 1848?? (ish)

Comment

Yeah but there ain't one. lol

1846 = James and Elizabeth possible but we need John as DAD william is Age 5 in 51 census
        1841 = John and Elizabeth William age 10 51 census
        1840 = John and Eliza William age 11 51 census
        1847 = Benjamin and Elizabeth. My direct line but wrong DAD

So we conclude? he said he was over 21 which one do we pick.

But the one born in 46 with James as father is closest in age.

I've got a headache........

Comment

Then there's those people in Plymouth with the "wrong" surname. I supopse we should try and find what happened to their son William to eliminate him? (Did I say he was William Thomas?)

Comment

LOL Merry got enough problems with that lot...

It was Tregenna.......

My bet is still on the William who is in the Navy but just my luck he isn't in the NA naval data base, so may have to find his record another way, not sure where to go for that at the moment will have a WIKI later.

Comment

(Did I say he was William Thomas?) It was Tregenna.......

Really easy to eliminate him.....

Births Jun 1848
              TREGENNA William Thomas Plymouth 9 514

Deaths Mar 1879
              Tregenna William Thomas 30 Plymouth 5b 208

My bet is still on the William who is in the Navy but just my luck he isn't in the NA naval data base, so may have to find his record another way, not sure where to go for that at the moment will have a WIKI later.
              Hmmmm......I'll have a look at that one.

UPDATE: the one in the navy was b 1841 as well.

Comment

Looking at birth regs (and I realise it wasn't compulsory in the 1840's!), there are these three:

Births Mar 1846
                Tregenna William *pell Plymouth 9 419 <<<<<<<<<death reg Q3 1847 Plymouth

Births Dec 1846
                Tregunne William St Thomas 10 248

Births Jun 1848
                TREGENNA William Thomas Plymouth 9 514 <<<<<<<<death reg Q1 1879 Plymouth

SO, the middle one is unaccounted for in 1851 at the moment.

Comment

Not having much luck re Naval record. Army ones by the dozen but I cannot see where to go look for the records that the NA haven't got. Anyone any ideas please?

Merry I had a look at Tregunne I think he might be a Tregunna??

Comment

Don't you think the navy one is too old?

Comment

Done enough for today I think I'm getting more confused than ever.

I think tomorrow I forget about the tree I have and just do each family through the census and BMD's and start a little tree for each family. Then print them out so everything is in front of me in one place then see what the gaps are etc.

That's if I survive the VAT inspection tomorrow...

Thankyou for your input I will return when I have laid things out more clearly to pick your brains again please ????

Comment

That John Trezona who said "blind 13 years" in 1891 had two nephews and a cousin in the house with him. Do you know who they are? Would it help to know?

Comment

good thinking merry!!

Comment

Good thought Merry I will have a look at that before I do the other bit.

Comment

Hi
                              Is it possible to put a link on here to your other thread about the John who in 1891 had been blind for 13 years so that people can see what info has already been found about him?
                              Moggie

Comment

Right have searched back forth and upside down, the only thing that makes any sense is the following family in 1851.
                                James 40
                                Elizabeth 35
                                Grace 15
                                Elizabeth 10
                                James 7
                                William 5
                                Richard 3
                                Henry 3 mo or wks can't quite make it out.

in 61 Elizabeth is a widow 49
                                Grace 20 James 16
                                William 14
                                Henry 11
                                Thomas 9

in 71 Elizabeth 50??
                                Thomas 19 and Grace daugh married 30
                                James Roberts SIL 31

The William we have in 71 married to Josephine age 22 now makes sense but is at odds with the marriage certificate which states his father as John Francis.

I cannot find a John Francis Trezona early enough to be his father couple of John's but the Williams they have are too old when followed through.

So do I conclude that for some reason he has used possibly his brothers or his uncle's name as his fathers ???? The Blind John in 1891 could be his brother by the way.
                                Now just to throw a spanner in the works there is a Francis Trezouer born 1841 in Penzance in 41 census he is in St Ives with Fances 30 Agnes 30 Ann 7 Agnes 4 Frances 7 M.

In 51 Ann, Agnes, Francis and Elizabeth J are living with Uncle Henry. can't find Mum and Dad. in 51 61 but in 71 Agnes b St Ives right age reappears with son Charles b Plymouth in Plymouth.

Also have a John Francis marrying in 1867 in London. he appears out of nowhere but in 1881 his wife Charlotte transcribed Treyona is living in London showing as married can't find her in 71.

Any more thoughts on this would be gratefully recieved.

Comment

Just to say that if he was in the navy then Plymouth is the obvous place and so many moved from Cornwall to Plymouth initially before moving on to London or elsewhere. Early naval records have not as far as I am aware made it online yet at TNA, but the records will most probably be at TNA. I have certainly found all my naval ancestors at TNA but on a personal search. I have found some in the 1700's and some in the early 1800's and some have gone to the Greenwich Asylum (now Greenwich Naval College) from Plymouth and St Germans. Trafalgar records are online and worth searching to see if any other members of family were in the Navy even if your one is not there. In my own experience the navy is often in a family and where there is one you will probably find many others going back. I know I have found many in my own family. Also you could try the A2A site as if any were press ganged, as a few of mine were, then they may have a mention on A2A. I have found some that way. The Cornish people seem to have been either working tinmines, clay pits or in the navy! Also worth checking the Coastguards as many naval people became coastguards at the end of their navy careers and these are also online.

Coastguards: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/Coastguards/index.html

Navy Lists 1844 to 1879: http://www.pbenyon1.plus.com/Nbd/Index.html

Trafalgar List: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/Trafalgar/

Janet
                                  Last edited by Janet; 14-12-08, 20:14.

Comment

Thankyou for those Janet. No luck though.

I think this is one which unless I spend a fortune on certificates will stay unresolved for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                    X