Irish record sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish record sites

Is there any site like scotlandsfamily but for Ireland ?
    One of my twigs has a child born Ireland 1860/61 other children born liverpool.

Mother born scotland.
    I will be asking for help on Scotlands family as i have registered today.
    EDI.

Not exactly.

there;s the site for the Irish Family History Foundation at Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation

Coverage varies dependent on which county you're after. They're still in thr process of being uploaded so what you want may not be on there but you need to check the map as some areas don't have a family history society so they won't be coming any time soon.

1860/1 is prior to the start of civil registration in Ireland (it began in 1864) so you would be looking at baptismal records only.
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post
      Not exactly.

there;s the site for the Irish Family History Foundation at Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation

Coverage varies dependent on which county you're after. They're still in thr process of being uploaded so what you want may not be on there but you need to check the map as some areas don't have a family history society so they won't be coming any time soon.

1860/1 is prior to the start of civil registration in Ireland (it began in 1864) so you would be looking at baptismal records only.
      Thankyou for the reply. don't know the location yet
      have just found a death index on A......ry for the eldest son and it gives a middle name of Fitkin.
      Now on the new search facility on Familysearch The mother gives her fathers name as Martin Fedkin so could be either spelling.
      Would the marriage cert for mum say where dad was born?
      regards EDI.x.

Comment

Originally posted by Englishedith View Post
        Would the marriage cert for mum say where dad was born?
        No, unfortunately not.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
          No, unfortunately not.
          Thanks Kiterunner. thats saved me £7.
          EDI.x.

Comment

Working...
          X