Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry lookups please (death and marriage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry lookups please (death and marriage)

Hi,
    Please could someone look on ancestry death index to see if they can find the following person:-

John Joseph Richardson (went by the name of Joseph)
    Died on 28th July 1981 at Kendal, Cumbria.
    Please could you tell me what age it says when he died.

Also trying to find the above John Joseph's marriage:-

Jessie Kirtley Walton (born in 1920)
    married
    John Joseph Richardson (might be under the name of Joseph, but don't know really)

They married in Cumberland - might have been Alston or Carslisle, but not too sure. Also don't know which year they married.
    But they had a son who was born in 1938.

Both of them have now died.

Jan

The dob for JJ Richardson was 28th Nov 1916

Comment

Marriage
      Jessie WALTON / John J RICHARDSON
      1938 1st quarter
      Alston 10b 673
      Elaine

Comment

Dont forget you can search this for free on ancestry.
        You can also use Free BMD.
        Regards
        Jeanie
        If it's to be, it's up to me.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Jeanie, I don´t think you can search the complete index if you don´t have an Ancestry subscription.
          Elaine

Comment

I thought it was one of those that were free.
            Will be able to check after the 30th.
            If I can bear to be without it!!
            If it's to be, it's up to me.
            Searching for:
            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Many thanks to Merry, Elaine and Jeanie for your help.

Jeanie, I have been looking on Freebmd and they are not there. I have been to the library today to use their computers to look on ancestry, and I looked up a few things, but they only let you stay on the computer for an hour at a time, then they kick you off!
              These things I'm looking for tonight are the ones I didnt have time to look for at the
              library. :-)
              As Elaine says, Ancestry don't have a free index for the bmd, but they used to, but they stopped it a while ago - mores the pity! :-)

Another favour please from Merry or someone.
              Merry - you found the birth entry for John Joseph Richardson;-
              The dob for JJ Richardson was 28th Nov 1916

I've looked for him with that date on Freebmd and cant find his birth.
              Please could you give me the full entry, of the reg district he was born, and especially his mother's maiden name, as I am trying to find JJ's parents marriage, and find out who his mother was. I think JJ's father was Thomas Richardson and they would have married in Cumberland, probably Alston or Carlisle.

Thanks again.
              Jan

Comment

That date of birth was what was given by the informant when his death was registered.

Assuming it's correct (!!) you have/had six weeks to register a death. There are no John J's in Q4 1916, so I think this must be the one:

Births Mar 1917
                Richardson John J mmn Maddison Gateshead 10a 1704

Comment

I lied, there is one in Q4 1916, but it's in Woolwich. Anyone know if he was from the north-east for def??

Comment

Here's the other one:

John J Richardson 1916 Q4 Woolwich 1d 1990 mmn Lascelles

You may have two choices.....the death cert should have the place of birth recorded, but is only what the informant reported. It could be wrong. The other thing is, the marriage cert should tell you his father's name. Hopefully the se two men had different father's first names

Comment

Hi Merry
                      Thanks very much for the birth info in Gateshead.
                      Just read your message about the Woolwich one, and he was definatly born in the North East -he lived in a small village called Nenthead, Cumberland, when he was a lad, though Alston would have been the registration district (or Carlisle depending on the year) The relative who is telling me this, is a bit unclear of the facts and is relying on his hazy memory.

I'm looking at Freebmd now to see if I can find his parents marriage.
                      Thanks,
                      Jan

Comment

Thanks Merry for the extra Woolwich info. I'm going to go for the Gateshead info and order that birth certificate. I'm also going to order the death certificate too.

Jan

Comment

I think you will def need the birth cert, there are a lot of Richardson/Maddison marriages :(

Comment

Hi Merry,
                            Yes I agree with you - I will be sending away for his birth certificate in the next few days, then I should be able to find his parents marriage after that.

Thanks again,
                            Jan

Comment

Working...
                            X