Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are the parents?

Been having a look at familysearch.org.
    Emmey Parker bap.29 April 1717,Frodsham,Cheshire,Mother Ellinor Parker.This is an extracted record.There are a couple of submitted records with same information,but naming the father as Peter Clark.
    Peter Clark and Ellinor Parker married Frodsham 15 Jan.1717.
    This made me think that Emmey/Amy should have been named Clark.
    I have come across another Eleanor Parker who married Samuel Wright 31 Dec.1717 in Tarvin Cheshire.
    I am thinking that the latter couple is the more likely to be connected to Emmy despite the different location.
    Opinions much appreciated.
    Fran
    ps should have said that there are a couple of submitted entries for Clark/Parker marriage-15 July 1717
    Last edited by fran; 26-11-08, 09:19. Reason: adding

Just a thought. Until 1752 the year started on 25 March so that 15 Jan 1717 was after 29 April 1717.
    Robert

Comment

Thanks for that rkic.So Peter Clark is a good bet now.Time and place fit in.
      Fran

Comment

Details cetainly fit Fran but Peter Clark may be step father rather than father. Even with the marriage taking place fairly soon after Emmy's birth it could be Peter needed a wife and was willing to take on another man's child. Access to the original parish records may give more clues - ideally a vicar who felt the need to add a note as to who the father was beside the baptism entry, or some sort of bastardy investigation by the parish authorities forcing the father to marry, but equally useful would be any mention of Peter having been recently widowed with small children which meant he needed to find a new wife quickly (this occurs a couple of times in my tree)
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Seems a long time to wait after Emmey was born before marrying. Of course it could still be Peter Clark, but you might find more on the original record as Judith has said.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies.Will investigate further.Don't suppose he would have needed a wife as he was only 22 years old when he married Ellinor.
            Fran

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
              Thank you both for your replies.Will investigate further.Don't suppose he would have needed a wife as he was only 22 years old when he married Ellinor.
              Fran

Perfect age to be left with a newborn after his wife died in childbirth, and needing a mother for his bub..................

****overactive mind*********

Comment

Well, you certainly do need to look at the original register, but I know from my own rummaging around in Cheshire in the early 1700s that the parish authorities were pretty quick to get a putative father to marry the mother, and a nine month wait for marriage does seem rather a long time in those circumstances.

However, the Vicars of Cheshire were a wordy lot and I should think you will find something useful in the margin.

OC

Comment

Thanks again, A trip to Cheshire is called for at some time.Have seen some pithy remarks made by Vicars in Cheshire and can only hope the same thing happens in this case.
                  Fran

Comment

Working...
                  X