Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 20th November 2008 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren, if you post up the bit you can't make out then maybe we can help find out where he lived?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

• i can only copy it as it is is that ok?
      brenda xxx

Comment

• Yes, go on, Bren.
        KiteRunner

Comment

• not sure if its an english address or ireland as he was a farmer

on the second cert,it says father deceased on both but the second it says proffession f father (of indipendant means)yet he is deceased.brenda xxx
          Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 28-11-08, 18:35.

Comment

• 2nd cert brenda xxx
            Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 28-11-08, 18:36.

Comment

• Bren, it doesn't give the father's address, only the bride and groom's addresses. John McCartie's address says 104 Albany Street, Pancras, and Mary Curtis's address says 134 Harley Street, Marylebone. (Both in London).
              KiteRunner

Comment

• John's address on the second one is 67 Loftus Road, Shepherds Bush (London).
                KiteRunner

Comment

• so we have the right john and his father was denis what a shame,do you think i ought to send for john,s birth certificate then for his father denis address?thankyou for sorting for me kate x brenda xxx

Comment

• why have they put on second one that denis has indipendant means when he is deceased ?brenda xxx

Comment

• Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                      so we have the right john and his father was denis what a shame,do you think i ought to send for john,s birth certificate then for his father denis address?thankyou for sorting for me kate x brenda xxx
                      Bren, if I haven't got this in a muddle, John was born in Ireland, wasn't he? And by my calculations from his first marriage certificate, he was born around 1847 so that was before they started civil registration of births in Ireland. The nearest thing would be a baptism, but it could be difficult to find it especially if we don't know whereabouts in Ireland he came from, and because there must have been lots of people with the same name.

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                      why have they put on second one that denis has indipendant means when he is deceased ?brenda xxx
                      I think it just means he was of independent means when he was alive, Bren - probably he was a farmer and then he retired and had enough money saved up to live on.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

• thankyou kate,yes we beleive john was born in ireland was brought over by someone,who we dont know ?because his father was dead on both marriages.have a good day brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X