Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 20th November 2008 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
    Ah, did he marry twice?

Deaths Jun 1892
    McCartie Mary 42 Fulham 1a 183

Marriages Jun 1894
    Hawthorne Mary Fulham 1a 517
    McCartie John Fulham 1a 517
    Roche Mary Fulham 1a 517
    Warner Herbert John Fulham 1a 517

The second Mrs M was from Ireland!
    wow merry you have cracked it well done can you pleas give me what i want to send for the death certificate of first,and marraige of both please brenda xxx

Comment

So, Trevor has Huntingdonshire blood after all!! lol

Bren if you are going to order the certs from the GRO (I think you will have to as they are all London), then everything you need is:

Marriages Mar 1875
      McCARTIE John Marylebone Volume 1a page 917
      Spouse Mary Curtis

Deaths Jun 1892
      McCartie Mary aged 42 Fulham Volume 1a page 183

Marriages Jun 1894
      McCartie John Fulham Volume 1a page 517
      Spouse Mary Roche

You really should get the birth cert for one of the children to confirm the mum IS Mary Curtis, though it looks extremely probable.
      Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 21-11-08, 16:56.

Comment

Oooh, Mary Curtis' father, John Curtis, was born in Alconbury Weston in Hunts, which is where my OH has ancestors. I've been in the church there......very nice!

Comment

Bren,,,,,hang on...!

This marriage:

Marriages Jun 1894
          McCartie John Fulham Volume 1a page 517
          Spouse Mary Roche

I don't know that's the right bride because they were both Mary!

Marriages Jun 1894
          Hawthorne Mary Fulham 1a 517
          McCartie John Fulham 1a 517
          Roche Mary Fulham 1a 517
          Warner Herbert John Fulham 1a 517

I didn't look properly the first time. You can order a cert with only the groom's name though, so that's what you should do! Sorry about that!

Comment

merry i am going to send for them as i will get john,s parents wont i ?so was mary roche the first wife and mary curtis the second?

Comment

No.

Mary Curtis was the wife from Huntingdonshire with whom he had his children. They married in 1875.

He married the other Mary in the 1890's - she was from Ireland and I don't know her surname - see my last post.

Both marriage certs should give you John's father's details, but not mother's.

Comment

so where they no children to this one?she must have brought the children up then.wow i will look through all you have given me,i will send for both marraiges.
                can i now ask for help on my holders,i will look for what i have got.
                brenda xxx

Comment

was she burried in huntingdon do you think?brenda xxx

Comment

I doubt it, as she died in Fulham district. (though anything's possible, I suppose!)

Comment

as i said i will have to read through all you have given me thankyou merry and elaine your the best brenda xxx

Comment

Bren give me a shout if you need any photos from around Fulham, I will be interested to know where in Fulham they lived
                        Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

good morning all,i have looked through my my mccartie records,..last year dainna went southwick and found this for me,im now a little confused top one says margaret roche died aged 72 who do you think she was, burried in a mccartie grave , as we know he was married to 2 mary,s one dying young her name curtis,then he married we believe mary roche,elizebeth ann was his child.i also have found a richard thomas mccartie born 1899 volume 2a.page 231. he is in the same age brackets as the other children could he be one of there,s as i dont think he is on the 1901 census could he have died as a baby? brenda xxx

Comment

good morning rosi all i know is what these clever peopl have found here.if your going antime to where mary was born ans address or even the churchyard any photo,s of them i would appreciate.hope your well.brenda xxx

Comment

my other one is as you know the holders,i have proof joseph and sarah gwinnell were my g great grandparents,i have all there children,im trying to come forward from them,i can start with one of them and i know 2emmigrated to canada as debbie,s hubby is a distant cousin from one and roy is a distant cousin from one of my great aunt.were all intrested in finding more living rellies,i know names cant be put on here if there living but could they be emailed private.i would like to find some nearer to home if you know what i mean.

first child is joseph william born 1852 married a mirriam 1874,he died 1896,she died 1911 both born westbury on severn,there children were
                              jseph w born 1874 east dean,sarah l 1876normington,mary e born hunslet,juletta born 1883 hunslet,john allen born 1887 hunslet,kate 1890 hunslet she married 1912 i have the name firth near her so whethe rits a place or hubbies name i dont know.brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                                i also have found a richard thomas mccartie born 1899 volume 2a.page 231. he is in the same age brackets as the other children could he be one of there,s as i dont think he is on the 1901 census could he have died as a baby?
                                There is a death registration for Richard Thomas McCartie age 0 in the same quarter and also in Croydon - if you want to know for sure who his parents were then you would probably have to get his birth cert or death cert.
                                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                                  top one says margaret roche died aged 72 who do you think she was, burried in a mccartie grave
                                  I would guess that Margaret was probably Mary's sister, but you might have to get her death certificate to see what it says.
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

thankyou kite can i have the address to send for the certificates brenda xxx

Comment

This is the reference for Margaret:
                                      Deaths Jul-Sep 1929 Roche Margaret age 72 Steyning vol 2b p 321.

I suppose you already have the birth ref for Richard, but anyway:
                                      Births Jul-Sep 1899 McCartie Richard Thomas, Croydon vol 2a p 231

And this is the reference for his death registration:
                                      Deaths Jul-Sep 1899 McCartie Richard Thomas, age 0, Croydon vol 2a p 158.

If you want to order any of the certificates, this is the link to the GRO:
                                      General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths
                                      KiteRunner

Comment

Here are the death registrations that fit with the typed letter you posted up earier:

Margaret Roche
                                        1929 Q3 Steyning 2b 321 aged 72

Elizabeth A McCartie
                                        1952 Q1 Worthing 5h 793 aged 69

John McCartie
                                        1928 Q4 Steyning 2b 389 aged 80

I can't see the death reg for his second wife in Q1 1936. I wonder if they mis-read some part of the date from the gravestone?

I've put the GRO refs for the above, but if you would rather write to the local office, it's the same one for Steyning and Worthing:

The Register Office,
                                        Centenary House,
                                        Durrington Lane,
                                        Worthing,
                                        BN13 2QB.

They won't need the GRO references, but would want the dates from the gravestones and they would need to be told which reg district each death occurred in.
                                        Tel: 01243 642122.

Comment

Is the surname for the following Gwinnell?

first child is joseph william born 1852 married a mirriam 1874,he died 1896,she died 1911 both born westbury on severn,there children were
                                          jseph w born 1874 east dean,sarah l 1876normington,mary e born hunslet,juletta born 1883 hunslet,john allen born 1887 hunslet,kate 1890 hunslet she married 1912 i have the name firth near her so whethe rits a place or hubbies name i dont know.brenda xxx
                                          Have you tried looking at GR/Ancestry etc to see if anyone has these people on their tree?

Comment

Working...
                                          X