Help with a Canada item on Ancestry please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Canada item on Ancestry please

I was informed by another member that my Radcliffe Hornby had gone to Canada under a Home Children Canada programme.
    He now appears on Ancestry and I have his Attestation Paper for WW1 but do not have World Ancestry and wondered if someone who does would be kind enough to let me know about the two locked items
    Detroit Border Crossing
    Ontario Marriages

Hi Colin

If you pm me an email address, I can send you the images.

Comment

Thank you Sue... I have sent you my E-mail address by PM

Comment

Might be worth looking at this? (Ontario, Canada Civil Registration Information)
        The Archives of Ontario holds records of births from 1869 to 1908, marriages from 1869 to 1923, and deaths from 1869 to 1933. Incomplete marriage registers prior to 1869 are also available.

Staff members at the Archives of Ontario office are unable to undertake genealogical searches in these vital records.

Microfilm copies of the indexes and the original registrations are available through inter-institutional loan from the Archives of Ontario and through your local Family History Library.
        Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine, I have checked and made a note of the site.........
          I was hopefully expecting to recieve a name of his wife plus maybe a date...but the e-mail was a full marriage certificate with a lot of information..
          Also the Detroit Border Crossing appears to be his emigration to America on some scheme... a lot more information than I expected

Comment

Working...
          X