Pat Hope are you here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Hope are you here?

I have just found Henry Arthur Duffy's WW1 record. I'm having trouble understanding it and wonder if you had already seen it?

British Army WW1 Service Records - Image 13418 - I think it says he went missing and Lily received a letter from him.

If Pat isn't around can anyone else help?

Thanks in advance.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Hi Lynne ..........I'm not subcribed to Ancestry at the moment
    PAT

Comment

Missing 19.10.17 Authy O'C Bn 6.11.17 4/83 W3268 + slip to wife. W3037 a IRS(?) 20.11.17

2/12/17 Wife recd a PC from above dt Tues 27.11.17 & was quite well up to there. Memo sent asking to forward PC.
      10/12/17 Wife forwards 3 letters recd from above. 1 4-20 & 2 22 & 3 20 1/2 each letter stating he is well. In 3 letter ??? he states Batt. today 2 miles away from where he is. Has had rest(?) for 3 weeks & likely to be away for a month. Soldier's letters passed to WO & W ?????? & to write R.P re her pay. 11.12.17

O.J.(?) sent to wife 4/88 to WO 15.1.18 not sent

??18 WO asked for reply to mine of 11.12.19

Sorry, some of it has smudges on and I can't read all of it. O'C will be Officer in Charge of; bn and batt. are both short for battalion and I think WO is short for War Office. And PC would be Postcard.

Yes, he went missing and his wife first said she had a postcard from him, then had 3 letters from him which she sent on to the army.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Pat
        Thanks for reply, sent you a PM earlier. Hope you are well.

Kate
        Thank you for clarifying this, I did think he went missing.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Working...
        X