No announcement yet.

Marriage pre 1837 help, George Knight Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last bit was wrong......I think he wasn't married in 1851....but I thought it said "married" so will have another look. He may have been married twice of course......

Marriages Dec 1854

Price Joseph Edward St Martin's 1a 512 <<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Ramsay Eliza St Martin 1a 512
    Runting William Marylebone 1a 512
    Stroud Jane St Martin's 1a 512 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This may well be their marriage. The cert for one o their children may confirm. Their eldext child was 8 in 1861 !!!

Comment

HmmmmmIt did say married for the 1851 census record. It said "butcher, out of business" for his occ. I wonder if there are any bankruptcy records?

Comment

2nd marriage?

JOSEPH EDWARD PRICE
        Marriages:
        Spouse: JANE STROUD Marriage: 18 DEC 1854 Saint Martin In The Fields, Westminster, London
        Messages: Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record.

Comment

In 1841 Joseph is listed as aged 30 and then there is Ann aged 50 I suppose she COULD be his mother, Hannah Ann? Did you say she was married in 1805? She might have been born about 1785ish. If she was born 1786-1791 then her age would be 50 in 1841 because of the rounding down.

Trouble is, there's no death reg for a Hannah Ann Price that fits well and her name was recorded thus on all the childrens baptisms.......

Here's the 1841 census:

HO107; Piece 1065; Book: 6; Civil Parish: Newington; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 8; Page: 8; Line: 4.

Comment

He married Hannah Ann Newall b abt 1788
            Ah, that fits! lol

Comment

I bet this is brother Thomas Price in 1851:

HO107; Piece: 1703; Folio: 566; Page: 20

Right occ, right birthplace, right date!! lol

Comment

Thomas and Hester in 1841:

HO107; Piece 653; Book: 5; Civil Parish: Enfield; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 47; Page: 10; Line: 10

Possible marriage?

Marriages Mar 1841
                DYKES Elizabeth Edmonton 3 67
                Kemp Sophia Melior Edmonton 3 67
                KEMP Sophie Melior Edmonton 3 67
                Lee Charles Edmonton 3 67
                Pratt Hester Edmonton 3 67 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                Price Thomas Edmonton 3 67 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                Tongue James Edmonton 3 67

Comment

I can not believe all this information you have come up with. Fantastic stuff!!
                  I have Ancestry but I think it has a fault as it does not search as well for me lol.
                  I am back to bits of paper (not over keen on FTM2009) and stand alone searching.
                  I will go though it all and it will be good practice to see if I can find the same results and how and what records you searched.
                  This is 'play of the day' Monty.... thank you so much.
                  John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

Working...
                  X