No announcement yet.

Time Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to find out so many things, but the ones that I would like to clear up now would be to take my grandparents back to 1923 to discover why they married then, and not 1901 or thereabouts when first child was born and what happened in 1923 to decide that they should/could get married.:(

I would also like to go back and find out why my Seven x Great Grandparents were both buried on the same day that of 11 March 1689. Was it plague or some unrest around the village? I would also like to have been at the Commonwealth Marriage of the same couple to see how different that was in comparison to a church wedding. :p

If their deaths were plague related or skirmishes around the village then I would hope to be in an invisible cloak, or taking some 20 centutry medicine or armaments to defend myself. :D

Comment

*posts Janet some Elastoplasts*

Comment

20 century?? What did I mean? Perhaps I will need those elastoplasts after all as I am doing a jig here, having just discovered that the Cashel and Emly Diocese in Ireland is now open to the public, and that means that my Tipperary ancestors can be researched at Dublin or maybe now through the LDS films. Perhaps I can use the time machine to flit over to Dublin for a few hours before lunch. Anybody else using it at present:Dl

Comment

I'm not. Rosie took my key.

*sulks in corner *
          Kit

Comment

Kit, you can have another go when Janet has finished. Stop being mardy

*makes up first aid kit (no pun intended lol)*

Elastoplast -check
            Disinfectant handwash - check...
            Rose

Comment

Disinfectant handwash - check...
              gasmask.......check!!

Comment

I'd follow my great uncle George Newey after he left home between 1891 and 1899. I have him in "The Stage" newspaper in 1899 and at various places after that. Can't find him in 1901 though.

He married in 1907, no mention of his wife after 1908 (Where the heck did she go?)

In 1912 he went to USA with his small son and returned a few weeks later, minus the "wife" who went with him.

He then put his 4 year old son in foster care and paid for his upkeep until about 1916. When the payments stopped the boy was admitted to the Workhouse.

No death, for either of the small boys father or mother has been found.

A real mystery.

Comment

I would go back to 1885 and ask my GG grandad why he changed his name. i would also ask his wife why she abandoned her baby for him. Admittedly it was a good thing for me because i wouldnt be here otherwise, but still why!!!

Or i would go back to 2007 and give my nan the address of her brother before he died
                  Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                    I'd follow my great uncle George Newey after he left home between 1891 and 1899. I have him in "The Stage" newspaper in 1899 and at various places after that. Can't find him in 1901 though.

He married in 1907, no mention of his wife after 1908 (Where the heck did she go?)

In 1912 he went to USA with his small son and returned a few weeks later, minus the "wife" who went with him.

He then put his 4 year old son in foster care and paid for his upkeep until about 1916. When the payments stopped the boy was admitted to the Workhouse.

No death, for either of the small boys father or mother has been found.

A real mystery.
                    cricky Margaret, a mystery indeed!
                    Rose

Comment

Oh yes, I would love to go back to Cork to ask my Grt Grandfather whether there was any truth in the rumour that went around the family that he hid the "Manchester Martyrs" in his house in 1867. If so which ones, and what happened to Great Uncle James who was supposed to have been involved, and last seen in Albany in the USA in 1869, never to reappear again. Did he marry in Ireland/USA and what happened to any children?? Yes, might need the gas mask

Janet

Comment

First aid kit so far:

elastoplast
                        disinfectant handwash
                        gasmask
                        penicillin - check
                        water purification tablets - check
                        Rose

Comment

Working...
                        X