No announcement yet.

any super-searchers out there? UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Fiona,but don't have that information to hand.I also won't have access to ancestry until I go to the library.I have a feeling that Margaret was born before the 1901 census.Thank you for trying to help,I wish I could give you more information.
    Fran

Comment

Just seen your other post Fiona.If it is the same May then she must have lied about her age as according to IGI her father died in 1860.
      The 1901 sounds good.Could you tell me where they are please.Should be somewhere in Liverpool.
      Fran

Comment

Death reg.

Milton Dollard
        Sep qtr.
        District: Liverpool (1837-1934)
        County: Lancashire
        Volume: 8b
        Page: 48

Comment

In 1901 the family were living at 3/ 7 court, Denison St, Liverpool.
          Fiona. xx

Comment

Sue,thank you ,that looks very promising indeed!
            Fran

Comment

Thank you Fiona.Have just left a message for friend to ask about siblings of Margaret.I am very hopeful
              Fran

Comment

Nice find Sue!!

So Milton died in England.
                Fiona. xx

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
                  Just seen your other post Fiona.If it is the same May then she must have lied about her age as according to IGI her father died in 1860.
                  Fran
                  Erm, it has been known for ladies to produce babies a very long time after the death of their husband. My friend's g-grandmother produced a child 17 years after the death of g-grandfather, but he is still named as the father on the birth cert!!

Comment

Lancashire BMD has the marriage of Edward Parry to MARY Dolland.
                    Fiona. xx

Comment

Originally posted by fran
                      Thank you Fiona.Have just left a message for friend to ask about siblings of Margaret.I am very hopeful
                      Fran

Fran, might also be useful to ask your friend for the details of any of the marriage certificates if she has them. Witnesses names might also prove to be very useful.
                      Fiona. xx

Comment

It will be very interesting to see where he died.I presume he could have died on a trip,but still have the death registered in England.
                        Mary/May could have been born after Milton's death,but if I can't find a suitable candidate I will never know.
                        Hope friend gets back to me soon about siblings so if the 1901 reference is correct then I might have an idea how old she was.
                        Fran

Comment

Mary/May had three children,John,Margaret and Edward,so it looks like it is them in Denison Street.It was also her in hospital in 1891 with John,when she said she was born in 1867,seven years after her father's death!
                          Could some kind soul please look to see how old she and her husband say they are in 1901?
                          RG13; Piece:3413: Folio145; Page:11 Edward/Mary Parry
                          Fran

Comment

Hi Fran, if I remember rightly it was abt 1866 for Mary.
                            Fiona. xx

Comment

Sorry it's 1867 for Mary and 1866 for Edward.

Edward born Colwyn Bay, Denbighshire, Wales
                              Fiona. xx

Comment

Thank you so much Fiona.I wonder if she was bothered about being older than him and reduced her age accordingly,or she wasn't really the daughter of Milton Dolland after all?
                                Fran

Comment

May/Mary's marriage certificate info would be most useful.

It might be that one of the witnesses was her mother remarried or a brother or sister which might help find her before 1891.
                                  Fiona. xx

Comment

Yes you are right.I am going to help my friend with the ordering next week.I just hope we don't have to wait too long for them.
                                    Fran

Comment

Let us know the outcome, as we are on tenterhooks. LOL.

Will your friend be getting Miltons death cert as that may reveal some useful information.

Comment

I hope she will Sue! Milton is her mother's great grandfather.Mum is very interested in him.I couldn't be more excited if it was my own family.Perhaps I need to get a life!
                                        Will post when there is some news.
                                        Thank you all again for your interest.
                                        Fran

Comment

Bit of an update,but don't know how to announce it in the title! Have received death certificate of Milton Dollard.11 July 1860,Northern Hospital Liverpool,age 24,Seaman,cause of death-valvular disease of heart and gangrene of foot.Samuel Clinnick,in attendance,Northern Hospital Liverpool.
                                          The marriage certificate of Milton Doland and Esther Hughes says he is 33, bachelor,mariner,father John Doland,shoemaker.She,21 spinster,father Robert Hughes,farmer.Both give their residences as Crooked Lane.Both signed.Witnesses James and Sarah Lyden.
                                          Unfortunately have not yet got the marriage cert.of May/Mary Doland to Edward Parry.
                                          have still not found any trace of Esther in the 1861 census.
                                          I am pretty much convinced that Milton Doland and Milton Dollard are one and the same person,but would value other opinions.
                                          Fran

Comment

Working...
                                          X